Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Path Does Not Exist Error

I've looked all over and cannot find anything regarding this error in the SceneryConfigEditor:

path.png

As you can see, some are okay.  All of the scenery works perfectly.  I have a feeling this is a Java issue (although I have the latest issued).  Thanks for any suggestions on how to fix this!  Man must have perfection....

EDIT:  Forgot to mention I have manually linked them but after a flight or I move scenery around, it goes back to this.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim: This happened to me some time back and as best I can remember:

Go to the ORBX Directory in FSX/P3D/whichever and open the first folder (the "AU" one, then open "scenery". There is an .exe file in it configure.exe or something like that. Run it as admin.

Once I did that the problem was solved.

Sorry I cannot be more precise but I am not able to get to my PC at the moment.

Note: there is only one ORBX folder whose Scenery subfolder has the .exe described above. In my case it was the first one.

Regards

Neal Howard

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Thanks Neil but could not find the file. I did find a "configure" type file in the Scripts\ftc2_localdata\ProductConfigure but it won't run because I did not put a flag in the line to indicate a configuration file.  No big rush but if you see the file again, let me know.  I must have used the configuration file before as the PNW scenery does not have the warning that the Path does not Exist.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

jim i'm pretty sure it is not really an error but rather it displays that message if there is a relative path used rather than a full path in the file, when the path to the simulator isn't quite right in the options settings. when i first used that app like 95% of my paths showed the 'error' even though things worked perfectly. i'd recommend double checking that the directory settings in preferences are all exactly correct, that solved it for me... once you have that sorted you can also use the 'expand paths' to change them all to be full paths if you desire (and 'normalize local paths' does the opposite making them all relative...) although i think keeping things relative is the way to go since that's normally how it is setup..

edit: it does seem a bit strange that the PNW ones show differen than the rest.. you might want to peek at the file itself and see if there's anything odd in the entries also

cheers

-andy crosby

edit: it does seem a bit strange that the PNW ones show differen than the rest.. you might want to peek at the file itself and see if there's anything odd in the entries also

I expanded the paths and they showed to my FSX installation!  And, so did the PNW scenery that showed no path error - to my FSX installation.  But I do have PNW installed in FSX too so the reason why there was no path error showing.

How does it do this?  I clearly installed the products into P3Dv3 so they should have updated the P3D scenery.cfg.  When I open up FTX Central, it asks whether I want to use FSX or P3D and I select P3D.  It shows all of the products are properly installed.  If I open FTX Central and select FSX, it will only show PNW (which is correct). 

If I run P3D, all of the scenery which shows the path is to FSX, properly loads even though the product is not installed in FSX.  That is probably because the scenery.cfg actually shows the products are installed properly.  The SceneryConfigEditor is the only thing that is showing an improper installation.  To permanently fix this issue, I could copy all of the files over to FSX then there is no way the SceneryConfigEditor can get confused.

So I think I see what is happening.  I just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this issue.

Thanks Andy (and Neal) for your help!

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Sorry Jim but my problem was only with PAKT (I just looked it up) and this s what fixed it for me:

From ORBX: " Check for  ModuleInstaller.exe in \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAKT\Scenery.  If so right-click on that and then run as administrator.​"

Maybe this will help but now I'm just not certain. At least it will not hurt anything

Neal Howard

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Thanks Neal.  That program is now in the scenery directory of FTX_AU\FTXAA_Orbxlibs\Scenery\ModuleInstaller.  I ran the program but the module was already installed.  I think the problem is fixed for now as I expanded the directories in the SceneryConfigEditor as suggested by Andy above.  At least that action showed me where the scenery.cfg was showing where Orbx programs for P3D was installed.  In my case in the FSX folder which is wrong as I stated above.

I have removed/reinstalled Orbx regions several times with the new FTX Central 2, Orbx Libraries, and the Migration program.  All were installed perfectly into the P3D directory but, for some reason, the SceneryConfigEditor showed them installed in FSX but the Scenery.cfg for P3D showed them installed in P3D.  Pretty complicated stuff or very difficult to describe but that is what happened.  I'm on top of it now as I know why it was showing "Path does not Exist".

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM