Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Aircraft stuck using wrong ini file?

I downloaded a repaint, a bbj, for the 737-700

No matter what I do, even though VP-BJJ has an ini file, and the aircraft cfg is named correctly, it wants to use the ini file from another aircraft I have installed. Australia Air Force BBJ (A36-001 registration)

8ij1JLJ.jpg

[fltsim.4]
title=Boeing 737-7BC Avenir Bermuda VP-BJJ
sim=B737-700WL
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=VP-BJJ
kb_checklists=Boeing737-700_check
kb_reference=Boeing737-700_ref
atc_airline=
atc_id=VP-BJJ
atc_flight_number=
atc_model=737-700
atc_parking_codes=BBJ
atc_parking_types=RAMP
atc_type=BOEING
ui_createdby=PMDG
ui_manufacturer=Boeing
ui_type=737-700NGX
ui_typerole=737-700
ui_variation=BBJ VP-BJJ
airline_name=Boeing
description=Boeing 737-700 powered by CFM engines v 1.0\nPMDG Simulations\nwww.precisionmanuals.com \n\nProduced under license from Boeing Management Company.\n\nBoeing 737, 737-700 & Boeing are among the trademarks owned by Boeing.
visual_damage=1

In the PMDG Ops Center, it displays the ini  settings for VP-BJJ properly. Why is the other aircraft permanently assigned? I have to load in the fixed config setting, the right ini file

-David Lee

In the PMDG Ops Center, it displays the ini  settings for VP-BJJ properly. Why is the other aircraft permanently assigned? I have to load in the fixed config setting, the right ini file

Sounds like you have the setting forced in your PMDG SETUP menu to use a single file.

Kyle Rodgers

Sounds like you have the setting forced in your PMDG SETUP menu to use a single file.

I found the issue,

C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\SimObjects\PMDG 737-700NGX WL

The state.CFG file has an entry for FltSim.4 with atc_id=A36-001

and that was over-riding what I had set in the aircraft.cfg with adding a new entry, the VP-BJJ entry was fltsim.4 too, and the fmc was looking at the new atc_id in the state.cfg file not the aircraft.cfg file! - David Lee