Sign in to follow this  
DexDaCat

Causing Computer Crashes

Hello All,

I'm running into the issue where every time I load the Seminole in FSX:SE, without fail my computer will bluescreen within at best 15 min. The audio will constantly loop the same tone it just played over and over in this annoying buzzing effect and I will get a blue screen and the message: THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER. This will happen on occasion (at the worst possible moment) while using other aircraft but none have been as bad as this. I think the airplane is legitimately 11/10 and I know this is fixable. someone please help me reach a solution. 

PC Specs:

ASUS M32 Desktop

Processor: AMD A10-7800 Raedon R7 3.5GHz

8GB DDR3 RAM

Integrated Graphics (plan on purchasing this one: CLICK HERE soon)

1TB Storage Space 

350W Power Supply (plan on purchasing this one: CLICK HERE soon)

Alabeo made such a great product. A damn near perfect simulation of the aircraft i will train on in the future but unless i can resolve this, I can't use it.

THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER

This indicates a device driver is spinning in an infinite loop, most likely waiting for hardware to become idle.  It usually indicates a problem with the hardware itself, or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Frequently, this is the result of a bad video card or a bad display driver. 

I would recommend you run hardware driver update program.  I use Driver Booster but there are many on the Internet.  A BSOD indicates a problem with your hardware.  A corrupted or incompatible driver.

The 350W power supply appears to be under powered for FSX usage.  I would install at least a 650 W PSU.  You might want to check this out in the AVSIM Hardware Forum as I'm not an expert on the PSU's.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

would recommend you run hardware driver update program.  I use Driver Booster but there are many on the Internet.

Thanks Jim. I'll give this a shot and we'll see if that helps anything!

This indicates a device driver is spinning in an infinite loop, most likely waiting for hardware to become idle.  It usually indicates a problem with the hardware itself, or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Frequently, this is the result of a bad video card or a bad display driver. 

I would recommend you run hardware driver update program.  I use Driver Booster but there are many on the Internet.  A BSOD indicates a problem with your hardware.  A corrupted or incompatible driver.

I don't want to jump the gun here because I haven't tried it on VATSIM yet, and I haven't spent a tremendous amount of time in fsx but after running Driver Booster, The sim is running much smother and so far I have yet to have a crash. Thank you so much for the help!

The 350W power supply appears to be under powered for FSX usage.  I would install at least a 650 W PSU.  You might want to check this out in the AVSIM Hardware Forum as I'm not an expert on the PSU's.

The power supply I plan on purchasing is 430W. Combining this and the new graphics card I plan to install instead of running off of "integrated graphics" I believe my flight sim experience will vastly improve! Do you think 430W isn't enough perhaps?

I really do not know about the power supply.  I have an 850W PSU in mine.  The technology keeps changing and getting better and better.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

And generally, that better and better technology results in less and less power being used. My i7-4770K and GTX760 can barely draw 200W from the wall (although I tried that with FSX; I should plug the Kill-A-Watt back in and try it with P3Dv3).

I believe the prevailing wisdom is "buy for brand, not size". A 400 or 500W Bronze-rated PSU from Seasonic or some other brand should be plenty, unless you plan on doing SLI.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Good info Luke.  Thanks!

Submit News to AVSIM

My i7-4770K and GTX760 can barely draw 200W from the wall (although I tried that with FSX; I should plug the Kill-A-Watt back in and try it with P3Dv3).

I managed to try the Level-D with FSDT JFK in P3Dv3 - I'm getting around 215W from the wall; assuming a Bronze power supply that's around 175W being drawn by the components themselves.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.