Sign in to follow this  
Mack84

CPU Water Cooling AIO

So ive just picked up the following parts and I'm trying to decide on an AOI water cooler. I would imagine ill be overclocking to around 4.5/4.6ghz

i7 6700k

16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200Mhz DDR4 Ram

ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming Mobo

Ive been looking at the Cooler Master Nepton 240 and was wondering if anyone else uses one could give me their experience. Any other AOI's to consider?

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot_zps560238d1.jpg

Ive been looking at the Cooler Master Nepton 240 and was wondering if anyone else uses one could give me their experience. Any other AOI's to consider?

I'm using the Corsair H115i.

4.8 with HT on so can't complain.

Fans a bit noisy so swapped them out for Noctuas.

gb.

• Upvote 1

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Probably should have mentioned my case will only allow up to a 240mm rad so that would rule out the likes of the h115, h110 etcs. Im not to bothered about the stock fans on coolers as ill be ditching them and using the Thermaltake Riing 12's I already own

I had good experiences with the Nepton 120, I read good things about the 240 but couldnt fit it in the case. I achieved 4.7 on 4790k with the 120, temps peaking at 85C. So I could only guess the 240 would be even better. I'm currently using a h115i on a 6700k, and so far Corsair has me impressed.

Ps- I should mention I'm delidded!

I`ve had Corsair and changed to Swiftech, IMHO best AIO cooler out there with quality cpu blocks and also you have the options of customising your PC with GPU loops which i have done, fans are whisper quiet and it keep temps around 49 Cels with a modest OC.

http://www.swiftech.com/h220x2prestige.aspx

tpewpb-6.png

I went with the Thermaltake Water 3.0 120mm 3 years ago for my i7 4770K which I have a modest OC to 4.3 to 4.5. This little block does fine to keep the temperatures under control and I have not had any problem with the water system. It is very quite with the graphics card being the bigger heat source / fan noise. I am so happy with the water CPU cooling I am now looking for an all in one solution for my GPU. 

So ive just picked up the following parts and I'm trying to decide on an AOI water cooler. I would imagine ill be overclocking to around 4.5/4.6ghz

i7 6700k

16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200Mhz DDR4 Ram

ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming Mobo

Clearly your preference is water... however, just to mention, in case you aren't as set on the runny stuff as I assume... you don't NEED water cooling. The NH-D15S in my new build is functioning beautifully. The overclock you mention is well within your reach with the Noctua, and quietly.

Clearly your preference is water... however, just to mention, in case you aren't as set on the runny stuff as I assume... you don't NEED water cooling. The NH-D15S in my new build is functioning beautifully. The overclock you mention is well within your reach with the Noctua, and quietly.

Thanks Martin,  Ive been air cooling for a few years now on my 3570k and to be honest it is good (4.7ghz on air :shok: ) but I really prefer the aesthetics of water cooling.  I may have found a good deal on a Corsair h105 so that may be what I roll with.

edit:  Ive just pulled the trigger on the h105. Thanks for all the replies folks.

but I really prefer the aesthetics of water cooling.  

edit:  Ive just pulled the trigger on the h105. Thanks for all the replies folks.

Fair enough. Hope you love the H105.  :smile:

If the fans are noisy, whack some Noctua's on there. I have 5 in my X510 and a 150mm on my cooler. 

NF-F12's for the H105 I would recommend.

http://noctua.at/en/products/fan/nf-f12-pwm

I have the Corsair H100i and the ASUS ROG Maximums VIII with the 6700k and I have a solid OC of 4.6. In the winter months I can get it stable at 4.7 but during the summer the ambient temperatures in my office get too high and 4.7 under load starts to go north of 85C. I am using Arctic Silver 5 between the HS and block. 

• Upvote 1

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W