Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Seemingly, blurred ground textures, (even with recent high-end vid cards...

...and this post has to do what with this thread?

No need to be snarky Mitch. The post is sort of related.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Blurry ground textures (provided not running at low settings) are mostly caused by a CPU overload condition and it doesn't matter what GPU you are using. If the CPU can't feed the GPU fast enough blurries are the result. As a quick test just drop your autogen sliders and/or limited framerate to lower settings and see if the situation improves. Put autogens on lowest and set your FPS to 20 then work up from there.

If anything, limiting the cores that P3d can use makes "the blurries" worse. Turn HT off and get rid of the AM. Turn down IQ settings in P3d and start over with either modest IQ settings or a default version of Prepar3d.cfg. Do not add any tweaks to Prepar3d.cfg. Don't use extra settings in nVidia Inspector. (I sound like Jim Young.) :smile:

If one does all that and high resolution textures are still not loading, then there is something really wrong with the hardware, the P3d installation and/or addons.

• Upvote 1

Hey can you set individual cores in AS2016 or use task manager to change the cores manually.  I never thought of doing that with my hex-core system for weather.  Very interesting

I use Process Lasso.

Getting additional apps off the sim cores has it's benefits. Google Steve at Code Legend; he's written extensively on this and after much experimentation I've found him to be correct.

Sesquashtoo, on 15 Aug 2016 - 7:16 PM, said:
Getting additional apps off the sim cores has it's benefits. Google Steve at Code Legend; he's written extensively on this and after much experimentation I've found him to be correct.

I'm sure Mitch doesn't want this thread to degenerate into yet another affinity mask thread as they always seem to do.

Do this.

1) Install the Orbx Library again

2) Do force migration if needed

3) I am noticing that blurries could be introduced with MyTraffic 6a (Disable MyTraffic from Scenery completely)

and now see if you are getting blurries

I locked my sim to first 4 cores and the last 2 cores for AS16+ASCA (Hex-core CPU here) and Using the latest Nvidia drivers

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Also dont forget to delete you sceneryindexes - very important - this helped me a lot

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SceneryIndexes

Rich Sennett

Also dont forget to delete you sceneryindexes - very important - this helped me a lot

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SceneryIndexes

.What does this do? Haven't heard of it before.

FYI I did some testing at the weekend.

I had blurry textures with 4790k/HT On/AM 116. Performance was very good but blurred ground textures...noticeably blurred. 

I turned HT Off and removed the AM from P3D.cfg. Blurred textures have disappeared but I have lost FPS smoothness in the sim. I will dial back some settings to mitigate this.

So there is no doubt HT On and a suitable AM will improve FPS performance. This definitely has an impact on my ground textures with my 4790k though.

Following what you have said I may revert back to my original settings and test the scenery complexity slider in 3.3.5.

Hi Rich-

I forgot to mention that I use AM=85 as well and no autogen.

P3D on 0,2,4 and 6

AS2016 on 1,3,5 and 7

Works perfect.

I don't think any of the issues are related to the video card, unless it's a really old one.

Cheers,

Mark

What do you mean with no autogen?

What do you mean with no autogen?

Autogen vegetation and building density off.

Scenery complexity very dense.

It is not your individual system specs. No way!  It is in LM's court.  Something that was changed in the ground rendering or LOD rendering coding is causing this texture deterioration phenomena.

Bottom line, this is not your system problem, you as a user, 'problem'...your choice of sim scene complexity, any usage of a combination of Orbx or weather engine products, whether you are running Windows 7, or Windows 10....it is a problem simply of the coding in P3D v3.x...at present.

And what does the rocket-scientist say to the fact that in my case (and in many others, only those with problems usually post in forums...) flying around in a Cessna about 2h (or more) is easily possible without any blurried ground texture but still having scenery complexity on the maximal value? I only get blurries if I try flying with a super fast fighter jet for several minutes straight at 300kts or more. But even then, I only have to do some maneuvers within a certain region and those blurried textures are all crisp and clear in no time again.

So, no, I do not fully agree with you. Yes, it is most probably not your system specs, and yes, LM seemed to did change something with v3.3, but for sure it is mostly your settings and those stupid useless tweaks most of the people still use without knowing what they actually do. My P3D has as its only tweak the AF mask tweak (you NEED this when using HT on). That's it. Nothing else. And I use rather high settings. On a good but not tremendously fast rig.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

+1 as I mentioned way up in the thread.

Thanks,

Mark