Sign in to follow this  
jymp

AeroFly FS 2, Lots of potential here

I bought this sim being skeptical, however I must say I'm impressed, hopefully the community gets behind it in every way, it's good already, (not great, yet) and actually has lots of potential, 

Fully agreed, I *love* it.

Hopefully the addon makers will get behind it, There's a world to conquer, but usually they are very cautious with anything small and new.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

The most promissing at the moment, IMO...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Wonderful and mesmerizing flight experience. Here's to the development process...(holds up coffee, too early for IPA)

Greg     

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Certainly has the potential to be one of the best sims!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I'm just about to pull the trigger and purchase.  I owned version 1, which kind of died on the vine, but version 2 looks more promising.  

Anyone who enjoys flight simming owes it to themselves to pick this up, just for the sheer beauty of it.

I agree, it does have beautiful scenery!  Hope to see more custom airports inn the future.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

But, just as with any other tittle, AEFS2 needs Developers, above all.

The core work is done, and imo it's up to the dev team to maintain it, add new features to the core systems and SDK, and give the develeopers the necessary hooks to tie their creations into. I don't expect great airliners from the dev team. GA and gliders are possibly withing their reach, provided they don't go into the detail of more sophisticated systems, but instead I'd like them to open their SDK to the possibility of easily creating and pluggin-in such systems to the core sim - a task I'm sure most devs would like to dedicate their work to...

So, while I understand that some users start to ask for additional features and fine tunning of some of the aircraft, I believe that given the dev team is small, they'd rather concentrate on cross-platform features, Weather, lighting/scenery and AI and ATC being some of those I find more important right now, and leave the modeling of complex aircraft systems to 3pds...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Definitely would like to see weather with rain drop effects in the VC and night lighting!

Might have to try Nvidia Inspector with AF2, I have a little shimmering would like to get rid of, overall though this one is off to a good start, looking forward to seeing it progress.

As promised, I purchased today, and all I can say is, "Wow!"  The devs have done an amazing job.  I couldn't believe it when I was able to configure my yoke AND rudders AND Saitek panels in less than 5 minutes.  Every flight sim enthusiast should purchase this product and support this development. 

Great beginnings with AF2 and even greater expectations of the possibilities. VR implementation is huuuge.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Lots of potential but what I've seen so far in videos makes me think this is some sort of tech demo and not a sim (yet). I'd like to like it but one of my problems is that I am not a fan of photo real because of the flat houses and vegetation baked into the scenery, along with the shadows, which looks absolutely horrible and awful unless you watch it from ONE specific angle. I also read there are no autogen houses and I see a few trees here and there but not too much. All in all there are so many features missing that I hardly can imagine you call this a sim.

Jeroen,

I'm not even going to comment on the scenery aspects, because I use X-Plane 10 and sometimes P3D, with Zero autogen, Zero trees...  I use those two sims for the visuals with another sim, and I really don't want them to interfere with the performance of Aerowinx PSX - simply the most advanced ever Boeing 744 simulation available for a PC.

So, for me, flight simulator IS, in the very first place, a simulation of "FLIGHT". If you can add to it a simulation of SYSTEMS including NAVIGATION accurate enough to permit, for instance, replicating IFR flights, then you have an even better flight simulator. ELITE v8.6 which I used for IFR trainning in the past, and now continue to use as the best of it's genre has the most "poor" redering of scenery among all sims you can name - very basic, no scenery elements other than main vector roads and rivers, orography, and cities are drawn like grey polygons... Yet, ELITE offers a simulation of each of it's GA aircraft, including a Beechcraft B200, which is professionally developed and represents their real counterparts like no add-on for either FSX /P3D / X-plane does...

So, with the advent of AEFS2 what I see is a flight simulator with a sound basis in terms of flight dynamics, and SDK open to all who are interested in exploring it, but showing that much can certainly be made beyond what is done in the default aircraft.

The scenery may in fact "suffer" from some of the "limitations" you mentioned, but for me it looks better than any photo scenery for fsx or x-plane I have tried, and there are buildings in main city areas. There are certainly still many features simmers who use complex aircraft add-ons for either fsx, p3d or xp10 will complain about not yet being available, but the way the dev team is responding to their users requests looks great to me, and indicative of the potential I see in this platform. It is actually the only platform I am using as a flight simulator, among the four (the others being  fsx, p3d and xp10 ), because those three I completely gave up using as flight simulators and decided to explore only as "scenery browsers", something they can do more or less acceptably, although, should AEFS2 become an alternative, I wouldn't really look back...

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig: