Sign in to follow this  
jymp

AeroFly FS 2, Lots of potential here

All in all there are so many features missing that I hardly can imagine you call this a sim.

You're gonna love this, then!  :wink:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/434030/discussions/0/352792037315900331/

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Jan at AeroFly posted this on Steam today.  The future looks bright indeed.

"I've spend the past seven years with the Aerofly RC and FS series and I can assure you, as a developer in the IPACS team, that in the Aerofly FS 2 almost every system could be implemented right now. The aircraft definition files can be edited with a text-editor and there is nothing really stopping you from implementing your own systems into existing default aircraft or with the release of the SDK, with your own aircraft. We just lack the man-power to simply throw out an update that adds every imaginable system there is. But I can't see a reason why it should not be possible to add increadible complex systems to the sim.

The SDK for the scenery is already out for evaluation, aircraft SDK is being prepared right now. With the project included in the SDK thrid party developers can connect to the simulator and read and write data to the core physics simulation. With this its possible to implement any feature that you see in other simulators.

There are a few things that we would like to implement ourselves first, so that not every third party development team has to redo the programming of complex physics elements such as hydraulics."

• Upvote 3

Bright future ahead indeed!

I just hope developers can see the light and stop being tied to an old, stagnant platform, which is certainly a milestone in the hisory of pc-based flight simulation games, but had it's time already...

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Once i have some more money available i am grabbing this. They deserve it like anyone else in the simulation market

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

That's what I did - bought it primarilly as a way of supporting the team at IPACS and because I do see a future in it.

Gliders and meteo simulation are some of the features  I would really love to see implemented with further detail. Helicopters are welcome!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Downloaded and installed it a couple of days back but due to other commitments had less than an hours use so far. But certainly looks promising from what I've seen.....

What impressed me immediately was the ease with which you can actually get flying. Within less than two minutes of launching it was all set and ready to fly. I've used P3D for long enough but recently thought I'd give the X Plane demo a try.....seriously, I cannot think of a more user unfriendly set up procedure. Do they actually want newcomers into their sim or is it an attempt to put me off forever?

But I'm not ready to ditch my P3D install just yet.....

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

As I posted elsewhere last week I bought AFS2 today. To make my view on it clear and this post as short as possible: I just requested a refund. Who knows, maybe in the future I will give it another try.

As I posted elsewhere last week I bought AFS2 today. To make my view on it clear and this post as short as possible: I just requested a refund. Who knows, maybe in the future I will give it another try.

I'm curious about what you didn't like the most ?

And what can you say about the flight dynamics ?

Main Simulation Rig:

I'm curious about what you didn't like the most ?

And what can you say about the flight dynamics ?

The only thing I liked (a lot) was that the ground textures were loaded into the far away distance and you didn't see them loading, which always annoys me in P3D. I kinda liked the photoreal in some areas but most of the time I didn't like the flat look. Every city looked like the apocalypse or WW III had happened yesterday, even at higher altitudes. The autogen trees also looked kinda odd and was badly placed too often. The weather is too simple and cloud distance too small. Most planes weren't my kind of planes: I only liked the Cesnna while I actually don't like Cessna's. As expected the systems were too basic and simple too.

Well, I have to add in all honesty I also liked the very simple UI and how you could get things done. Within seconds a specific setting or your location or whatever is changed, creating a flightplan was very user friendly (once you figured out how it works), the screens weren't cluttered with cryptic options, so all that was good too. I also liked how everything is being saved automatically: restart the game and you simple continue were you left it.

Flight dynamics? Well, I suppose this clearly shows I have no real life experience as a pilot because to me it all felt the same as in P3D... Seriously. The Cessna felt the same as any other Cesnna I have flown. I really wonder what some of you guys are raving about LOL And I certainly like my A2A Cherokee more.

Performance was good but hey... no autogen buildings, not too many trees, no AI, no traffic, no deep systems, no dynamic and very simplistic weather, no cloud shadows, no water animation and reflections, just one area with a lot of bad looking parts... I really wonder how performance will be if you add everything that P3D offers to the game. But okay, as it is it was ok. I have to add though that Vsync sucked because it gave my stutters, specially when looking around with TrackIR. That also REALLY disappointed me. With vsync off it was a lot better but then the tearing screwed it all up. Not too happy about that.

All in all it didn't offer me enough to justify the purchase. I was bored with it before I ended my 2 hour trial. It is just too basic and too simple right now. Fun to pick up and do a short flight with your brain turned off and that's about it. The future will tell if this can become a serious complete sim. I will definitely keep a close eye on it but for now... no, too simplistic. Nice demo (it IS after all a work in progress and early acces). Maybe I will get it for 10 bucks during a Steam sale.

I think your "review" is fair, and pretty much agrees with my own judgement the first time I bought it and asked for the refund... Than I bought it again, and decided to hope for the best for it's future...

Well if you take the Extra you'll see how diffent the flight dynamics really are. Can also be noticed with the gliders.

But a good A2A or RealAir is always... Good! too :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Haha, yes, good too. ;) But let me be clear: I am happy the flightsim market is so alive as it is these days! And I also do hope the best for the future of AFS2 and if things change I may buy even it for a full price in the future, but buying something mainly to support something isn't something I can justify right now. ;)

P.S. In addition to the above: I am also a bit anxious to buy AFS2 just to support it because I have the idea not much was done with the first AFS version... Everyone who bought that one to 'support it' ended up having to buy AFS2. (And having to pay once more to get the AFS1 scenery into AFS2 as DLC... which I personally found quite odd!) I simply do wonder if AFS2 will evolve a lot before AFS3 will be released. I might be totally mistaken of course but well... just an additional thought. ;)

Certainly interesting to see. There is a whole lot happening in the comings months to a year. Anticipated 64bit P3d possibly, Xplane 11, DTG's flight simulator and now Aerofly 2. All this competition can only be great for all of us, but alot will be dependant on how the community embraces them all AND which devs decide to invest in what and to which extent. Any sim can be outstanding with core features, but if the addons dont come along for it with dev support, its kinda dead in the water.

Exciting times for flight sim enthusiasts.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I've pretty much found a great filter for my choices:

1) Has to have World coverage

2) Has to have exact Sun and Moon ephemeris and daylight rendering ( civil dusk and dawn twilights at least, even better is maritime...)

3) Has to have good navaid coverage Worldwide

Presently only 3 sims classify for me according to this basic requisites - FSX, P3D and ELITE. I am using only my good old ELITE, now in version 8.6 r50 and beta testing v9 :-) 

Haven't been able to check how AEFS2 really does 1) and 2).... 

Exception only for a soaring simulator, just in case Condorsoaring 2 get's released...

Main Simulation Rig: