Sign in to follow this  
jimmy64

Help with instructions

Looks like a great utility, however, I've read section 1 of the instructions over and over, it's still clear as mud. The menu items are poorly defined and what to click on, and when, is very vague. I assume that "core" shaders are the "original" shaders. The tweaks themselves are self explanatory. What I don't find clear is what to select, before making adjustments, and then which after they are made. There are many buttons that sound too similar in function. I'm not interested in custom shaders. I just want to properly get backed up before I start, make a few lighting adjustments, and apply them. Could somebody please do a step by step, using the exact language of the selections in the utility.

James McLees

Referring to PTA.

Make a copy of your main P3D shadershlsl folder - the entire thing - put it somewhere for safe keeping - then you will be fine - go to open in PTA and open this preset I tweaked - good start - also hit apply or F9 for preset to take I laso do this to clear out my shaders folder its quicker 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-cAHnyMVBgfd1o4OUpqMzhZaG8/view?usp=sharing

Rich Sennett

I get this while applying your preset:

WARNING custom shader LiftGammaGain not assigned to cameras
Preset has been applied with warnings. See log above

My%20Signature.jpg

I get this while applying your preset:

WARNING custom shader LiftGammaGain not assigned to cameras
Preset has been applied with warnings. See log above

No worries go to custom shaders tab and untick Liftgammagain on left side and on the far right side make sure all cameras are unticked - no more message - not sure why you got this message as I dont have any of these ticked 

Rich Sennett

Made a few adjustments and used Vibrance custom shader. It looks amazing! Great tool, kudos to the developer.

James McLees

No worries go to custom shaders tab and untick Liftgammagain on left side and on the far right side make sure all cameras are unticked - no more message - not sure why you got this message as I dont have any of these ticked 

Understood.

Thanks,

My%20Signature.jpg

Make a copy of your main P3D shadershlsl folder
Good idea. Now that I'm totally happy again I feel a point upgrade coming!

James McLees

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.