Sign in to follow this  
Claudie42

ATC is there a forgotten phraseology ?

Bonjour ,

After all peeled atc menus, I have not found the phraseology: which tells the driver to line up on the track.

I watched 2 tutorials Atc French and English and both,

I read: Breakpoint of the track:

- Pilot say :: <call sign> At the point holding <runway

the controller say :

- <Call sign> line up and report ready.

I did not find this sentence available in menus

the pilot aligns made final checklists .. then said:

- <Call sign> takeoff: ready for departure

Here the phrase there [request] Takeoff

But the controller must said for example:

Tower: <cal sign> you are cleared for take off runway 26, wind 270/8 knots, report passing 3000 ft "

And even on the videos 'tutorials' website PILOT2 Atc, this is not respected.

In France we always proceeds in this manner and elsewhere, is an international regulation.

So if I have not found the right option in the menus, thank you to tell me ... or because I searched for 2 hours ... yesterday in the screen 'Grammar' and I have not found that.

Now you still have to say that the atc documentation is missing the manual, the 10 lines atc grammar that I have got mail, do not allow me to find what I want It it will not quite normal :wink:

Unless the French buyers or other non-English speaking countries do not interest you? :wink:

I still have four days to demo, and I have not managed to test everything I want to see because of this lack of information or I lose too much time looking ... sorry.

Merci

Claudie42,

The proper procedure for requesting departure is as follows:

1) As you near the departure end of the runway, Ground will transfer you to Tower Frequency

2) You perform your pre-takeoff checklist

3) You call tower with  "<CallSign> ready for departure" SayIt: Request - Takeoff

4) If the runway and approach path are clear, Tower will clear you for takeoff

5) if there is traffic on the runway that will be cleared momentarily or if you are some distance from the takeoff point on the runway, Tower will issue an "Line up and wait" clearance to enter the runway and wait for further clearance

6) if you get a Line up and Wait clearance, you then taxi to the takeoff position and after you are lined up and stopped, and the runway is clear, tower will issue the cleared for takeoff call.

All of the readbacks and responses are provided automatically in the speech text window.  Only the one takeoff request must be found and used in the SayIt menus.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Merci Dave, :smile:

okay I understand your answer,but you do not understand user who has to find the exact phrase at say  at  atc control  through the menus.

? is made to display the phrases to say , So you have not answered my question, because the google translation no correct.

you and me are losing time for ask and answer questions.
whereas if you take 15 minutes to print the grammar of your database, the problem would be solved, I would consult the list.

I do not know if users francophone, without this essential documentation for them.
would buy your program,  I think they will wait a full manual.

Cordialy

There are thousands of possible phrases in the Grammar and it is not a readable document, but a compiled bit of code. It would be totally useless to even try and print them all out.

The short list of phrases I sent you via email and that will be included in the next User's Guide has all the phrases necessary to make typical flights.

I will be creating some scenario documents in the future, similar to the Test Flights documents that were available with Version 1. I have added a link to this document on the downloads page. It is not 100% accurate as the grammar has been improved in V2, but it does give a good idea of the phrases needed to complete a flight.

When using SayIt, If you are asking for something, search the "Request" type phrases. If you are reporting a position or checking in, look in the "Report" type phrases. That should narrow your search.

Regards,

Dave

Ok I better understand the difficulty for you to print this list.
Another solution would be ideal.

you make a video in the rules without forgetting anything, we hear  all answers to the Atc, the point stop and line up runway.

On video, svp vous ferez 'zoom' for show the menu with the phrases.
By your old videos do not show this feature,the video is quality please.
A short flight but with all the stages.

Then if you could make a second video in the mountains,
to show the ATC behavior to see if the controller warns of a potential risk if the aircraft is too low too close to a mountain, it would be very intéréssant here and would value your work and more.

so I' would take my décisison to buy the program. I would not be limited in time ... to learn all of your software.
Is-it possible ?

Claudie42,

If I understand your request, you would like a video using the SayIt functions for a full flight.  I will do that as soon as I can.

However, Line up and Wait is a very rare occurrence, so it will probably not include that.

Also, when flying in the mountains, it is up to the pilot to avoid a cruise altitude that will be too low.   If you have the Calculate Safe En Route Altitude option checked, and you enter an altitude in a flight plan  or request a new altitude from ATC that would be too low, ATC will not approve the new altitude.  Also, when giving vectors, ATC will avoid driving you into the ground or a mountain, if you stay on course. 

Dave

Bonjour Dave ,

thank you for your information for mountain flying.

- Holding at the point <runway>

this sentence is not currently available in your whole grammar.

when you say that this is not usual, you are mistaken.

I have the private pilot's license in France, and I can assure you that we always do it that way,  when we will arrival at stop runway.

the phrase :   -ready  for takeoff
is pronounced when the aircraft line up on the runway, not the stopping point the runway.

When we want a realistic atc, this is not good.

I think, Pilot2ATC is currently more focused on US phraseology. Not (yet ?) European phraseology.

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

In fact here should be the same as it is international.
Moreover this is the only point I said that does not accord with reality and with Pilot2Atc. So it's easy to fix. :smile:

Claudie42,

Thanks for the clarification and detail. Do you have a reference document from Eurocontrol or other source for this practice? I cannot find that clearance to "line up and report ready" is used routinely for all departures. It is definitely not routine in the US and Canada.

If I can find a reference document for this practice, I will look into putting an option for this phraseology in a future update. It will require some research, programming logic and changes to the grammar.

Thanks again,

Dave

Edit: I found this in the Eurocontrol ICAO Phraseology document:

Pilot: Metro Tower, Big Jet 345, approaching holding point C1

Big Jet 345, Metro Tower, line up runway 27

Pilot: Lining up runway 27, Big Jet 345

Big Jet 345, runway 27, cleared for take-off

Pilot: Cleared for take-off, Big Jet 345