Sign in to follow this  
stripealipe

No effects at all?

Heya all,

I've installed both PrecipitFX and Immersion for A320 and it looks as if it's modified my Aircraft.cfg properly and put the relevant files into my effects folder but i do not see any effects at all. I've tried turning them on and off in VFXcentral but still nothing.

I've gone through the posted checklist in this forum and checked file paths etc and all seems fine.

The default effects are working -i've been trying it out using both 'grey and rainy' and 'Major Thunderstorm' simply in order to get a wet runway to check for wheel spray effects.

I have also uninstalled VFXcentral and reloaded but no luck there. Is there any way of completely uninstalling all files completely to do a virgin install from scratch? I don't see any option for doing this. VFXcentral still leaves all files in place in the sim.

cheers - spike

Heya all,

I've installed both PrecipitFX and Immersion for A320 and it looks as if it's modified my Aircraft.cfg properly and put the relevant files into my effects folder but i do not see any effects at all. I've tried turning them on and off in VFXcentral but still nothing.

I've gone through the posted checklist in this forum and checked file paths etc and all seems fine.

The default effects are working -i've been trying it out using both 'grey and rainy' and 'Major Thunderstorm' simply in order to get a wet runway to check for wheel spray effects.

I have also uninstalled VFXcentral and reloaded but no luck there. Is there any way of completely uninstalling all files completely to do a virgin install from scratch? I don't see any option for doing this. VFXcentral still leaves all files in place in the sim.

cheers - spike

I'm having the same issue as you.  After posting last night that I was missing contrails I have now looked and I am missing all effects whenever I install immersion.  If you are able to find a resolution on your own please post it back here and I will do the same.  I'm currently digging into the issue to see if I can figure it out.

Thanks

Sure, will do. I'm just uninstalling everything to do with FSFX and any related files and backups and attempting to start again from scratch. Will let you know how i get on. It's def weird though as everything seemed to be in place, config files, file paths, files, FSUIPC (confirmed working, as i also have EZdok installed, though i did install again just in case)

Gonna check defaults are working ok again first and then go from there...

We discovered a flaw that may prevent some users from seeing our effects. We have pushed an update to fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42