Sign in to follow this  
masaki

NVIDIA display setting

Hi all,

Maybe I'm stating the obvious, but, new to x-plane here.. Changing "Multi-display/mixed GPU acceleration" to "Single display performance mode" provided an great frame rate boost, 50% or so.

Noted this on a GTX970 and a new 1070

Stefan Ticusan

I do not think that is your imagination. I changed this setting after reading a post a while back. I have multiple monitors but setting this to single display yielded noticeable improvement. Not 50% for me but probably 5 to 10 fps. I will see if I can dig up a link to the post as it had the why this was the case in it which I do not recall off hand.

Neil Garner

RW- ASEL

X-Plane and P3D

Where is the setting please, in the nvidia?

In Windows, right-click on desktop to get menu.  Open nVidia Control Panel.  On the left, under 3D Settings, click on Manage 3D settings.  Click on Program Settings tab.  Choose X-Plane as a single program and make settings there for just X-Plane (not Global Settings tab).

Yup! This has helped me as well!

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Make sure you select Max performance in power settings as well.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

In Windows, right-click on desktop to get menu.

In Windows 10, you have to go into the Windows Control Panel and then into the nVidia Control Panel.

John

John Wingold

Hey Masaki thanks for your tip. That's a great post for a newbie to XPL! I got a boost of about 6 fps which is welcome since I keep my settings pretty high.

In Windows 10, you have to go into the Windows Control Panel and then into the nVidia Control Panel.

This is wrong...  Sorry... The computer I was using at the time I checked did not have an nVidia card.

John

John Wingold

Hey Masaki thanks for your tip. That's a great post for a newbie to XPL! I got a boost of about 6 fps which is welcome since I keep my settings pretty high.

Glad it worked for you! It helped me keep shadows at "Global High", I really like this (very expensive) setting.

Stefan Ticusan

NCP default is all ready at single display for P3D but not max power  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Another pair of tricks is:

1) Under V-Sync, choose 1/2 display rate or whatever suits your monitor, and Vertical Sync tear control to "Adaptive";

2) Make sure you disable Threaded Optimization to "Off" in Nvidia Inspector or Nvidia Control Panel;

I usually set X-Plane at HDR, and a AA that my PC supports, and then in Nvidia Inspector also set the mode as "Enhance Application settings", and in SGSS 2xSGSS or 4xSGSS ( usually 2 only )....

With this settings I get a stutter-free ride, good AA and 30 fps almost all of the time :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...