Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

PAI VS ULTIMATE TRAFFIC

Guest boeingba

Hi guys l hope you can all help me on this one... l have ultimate traffic and also use pai.... is this right to do so or do l stuff my self up on this... should l only install pai? not ultimate traffic.. l didn`t like my traffic because it look like a cartoon hehehehe... any thoughts on this thanks alot guys

Guest boeingba

Thank you soooo much l`ll have a look

Guest boeingba

hi bud won`t work??? maybe there down at the moment

Guest boeingba

works do they have a installer like pai? or do u do it manual thanks

You download the planes, and repaints may be at avsim. You must then substitute them in place instead of the pai aircraft.Do a search as some instructions will be there.

I use Ultimate Traffic as a base.Then I installed the PAI packages - with individual traffic .BGL files. Then I sustituted the PAI fleet repaints for the UT repaints / models with aircraft assignment utility - removing the PAI traffic file for those airlines.That left me with about 10-15 PAI airlines still active - not counting military and most cargo - which are all active.The Ultimate Traffic utility section will give you a repaint list of aircraft you need to find to complete the UT world.It is a long and interesting quest to find and install the additional aircraft.Yes the installs have to be manual.I've replaced almost all the PAI Boeings with AIA BoeingsMost - but not all - of the Airbus aircraft with FSP (there are a couple PAI aircraft with better LOD and polygon counts than FSP).The Fokkers and BAe 461/2/3-Avro RJ with Fernando Martinez models.The CRJ & ERJ-145 with Charles Dayhuff models.The B1900 with Henry Tomkiewicz (preferred) and Charles Dayhuff models.The MD 8x aircraft with AIA.The DC-10 with Charles Dayhuff / EvolvAI.And of course many of the wonderful small aircraft from Dee Waldron and Henry Tomkiewicz.For each aircraft I've tried to replace, I've found a couple repaints which I needed from PAI.You can spend as little or as much time as you want building your AI world - but my opinion is that without Ultimate Traffic as a starting point - you are 500-800 man hours behind the power curve.The PAI packages are the first step to completing / improving the AI world - and a relatively quick step.One thing you will quickly find is that the different colors of aircraft in a fleet can be an issue to some. The PAI fleets are almost all consistent. The fleets you have to download from different painters can be a problem.AIA has worked to help painters color match some fleets.http://www.aitraffic.org is a great website with some color matched fleets available.One additional step you must take is to activate many airports in Ultimate Traffic to achieve the full traffic flow. I've printed out this thread on the UT forums.http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/...asp?TID=52&PN=1