Sign in to follow this  
DarrianCZE

Prepar3D Stuck on Splashscreen

Why do you even have d3d11.dll in your P3d folder? It is not part of the P3d installation package. You are just going to run into the same problem, the next time that Win10 is updated.

I don't know why. Could be an add-on that has placed it there maybe?

I also have more DirectX files, d3dcompiler_47.dll & d3dcsx_47.dll. 

But I usually don't copy/paste .dll files around in Windows  :P

I guess I could just delete the files as well, I know Prepar3d will look for .dll's in the system folders when it's not finding anything in the main folder.

Took a closer look at my files (creation dates).

The time stamps (april 25th) on the DX files are the same as all other (12343) files.

That was time I upgraded from 3.1 to 3.2 if I recall correctly.

So I might think those DirectX files actually came from the 3.2 installation.

Maybe someone who is still running 3.2 can confirm  :smile:

I also have more DirectX files, d3dcompiler_47.dll & d3dcsx_47.dll. 

Those are part of the P3d install.

Problem solved, for me at least.  :smile:

Replaced the d3d11.dll (Directx 11 Runtime) file from SysWOW64 to my Prepar3D v3 installation folder.

The file version from SysWOW64 is 10.0.14393.0 and Prepar3d had an older version, 10.0.10586.122.

DarrianCZE, you might want to check your friends setup. Could be the same issue as I had. 

Oh wow !  After about 2 hours searching the forums for a solution, just found it here. Deleted d3d11.dll from my P3Dv3 folder.Thanks a lot Stephano ! This solved my problem.  Last Windows anniversary update caused my P3D to stuck and not starting.

I remember why in the past I had to copy this file to my P3Dv3 folder. It was to solves P3D crashing to desktop problem when loading the last Aerosoft A318-319 aircraft.

Thanks again ! You saved me a reinstall...

Mike

You're welcome  :smile:  But keep in mind that I had to copy the d3d11.dll file back to my P3D folder because of Aerosoft AIrbus A320/321. For some reason that add-on is looking up the file from the C:WIndows\System32 folder and not C:\Windows\SysWOW64  :fool:  If you search the forums @ Aerosoft you'll see that workaround has been suggested since november 2015  :Tounge: 

On 8/21/2016 at 1:27 PM, stephano79 said:

Problem solved, for me at least.  :smile:

Replaced the d3d11.dll (Directx 11 Runtime) file from SysWOW64 to my Prepar3D v3 installation folder.

The file version from SysWOW64 is 10.0.14393.0 and Prepar3d had an older version, 10.0.10586.122.

DarrianCZE, you might want to check your friends setup. Could be the same issue as I had. 

Confirming this fixed my P3D installation tonight. Thank you @stephano79

I just went from the Win 10 anniversary edition to the Creators Update this afternoon and P3D wouldn't start. Stuck at the splash screen.

I'm sure many people will be encountering this as MS distributes the updates.

It seems the d3d11.dll in SysWOW64 needs to be in sync with the one in P3D's folder.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

You're welcome :)

But you can just deleted it unless you're using the Aerosoft AIrbus ;)

As @jabloomf1230 has mentioned, the d3d11.dll file is not part of the P3D installation.

I'm using the FSL A320 now, so for me it's not an issue anymore.