Manny

What is LM up to? Do we get a P3D V3.4? or V4? anything?

I went to the LM forum and did not see anything there. Not a whiff.  Anyone know anything, what they are working on next?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I went to the LM forum and did not see anything there. Not a whiff.  Anyone know anything, what they are working on next?

My crystal ball is in the shop for repair, but when I get it back I will let you know.   :wink:

• Upvote 5

Lm are not the type to release any details of what they are up to. You know, national security and all that.  :P

Whatever we get the next update is going to break your airports and we have been warned so what we have now is pretty much the end - LM have stated done with maintaining compatibility for the old sdk - hey what do I know right   :wink:

• Upvote 1

Whatever we get the next update is going to break your airports and we have been warned so what we have now is pretty much the end - LM have stated done with maintaining compatibility for the old sdk - hey what do I know right   :wink:

Same thing with Dovetails Train Sim, and their upcoming 64 bit version. they have already warned people that  none of the older stuff will work..

I can't wait for the next update from LM.  I really do not have old buggy airports and addons so it is a non issue for me. 

Things need to change looking forward to it.  I want VAS issues to be buried forever and should never even come back even as a zombie.

I don't care if breaks the old stuff actually, bring on the 64-bit and let's move on to better things! I'm so tired of OOMs and limited capabilities because of 32bit.

• Upvote 1

Same thing with Dovetails Train Sim, and their upcoming 64 bit version. they have already warned people that  none of the older stuff will work..

Hi Yah Bob - I wasnt referring to 64bit actually - next patch of P3D 3..... whatever will break and we all know how that went after the last fiasco - hence LM stating pound sand we are moving on   :wink:    :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Personally, I am currently enjoying version 3.3 too much to really care what's next or when. I prefer flying to updating :wink:

• Upvote 5

Personally, I am currently enjoying version 3.3 too much to really care what's next or when. I prefer flying to updating :wink:

+1

Cheers, Ed

I hear the next version includes flying unicorns

• Upvote 5

Awesome when does fsfxpackages immersion come out for that - I'm in  :dance:

Awesome when does fsfxpackages immersion come out for that - I'm in  :dance:

That would actually be hilarious... Something close to Trike Immersion... xD

We may get one more update for P3DV3, and then I would imagine LM to place their focus more towards V4. After all, that is how it went for v2.

Hi Yah Bob - I wasnt referring to 64bit actually - next patch of P3D 3..... whatever will break and we all know how that went after the last fiasco - hence LM stating pound sand we are moving on   :wink:    :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Yeah, I am still on 3.2 after installing 3.3, having all kinds of issues after installing it , and rolling back. No more updates for a long time. 

Yeah, I am still on 3.2 after installing 3.3, having all kinds of issues after installing it , and rolling back. No more updates for a long time. 

If it isin't broke dont fix it right Bob  :wink:

I really have already begun peeking into other platforms. The upcoming Xplane is interesting to me. Yet the outerra engine is what really has me interested if it finally takes off. However I am really interested in seeing what we are going to get for visuals in any new platform. I am starting to see the age in the ESP platform. The realism factor is just slowly disappearing for me.

• Upvote 2

Final P3D v 3.x final version release on short finals, with P3D vs. 4.0 introduced in October/November 2016.

That's what I think.

Kind regards,

Final P3D v 3.x final version release on short finals, with P3D vs. 4.0 introduced in October/November 2016.

That's what I think.

Kind regards,

I second that.

If we look at past years, there is a pattern

I don't mind one more update for multimonitor.  V3.4  or V3.3.7

" "simultaneous multi-projection" feature for super wide screen/triple monitor setups. It automatically corrects the FOV on each monitor so all those nasty distortions will be eliminated with not performance hit. " for GTX1070,1060,1080, Titans

:smile: 

• Upvote 1

Personally, I doubt we'll get any more 3.x. They released that hotfix and I think they're done with it.  After all, it runs damn well within the 32 bits limits.

Something like October for 4.x or whatever it will be called seems plausible indeed.

And on the another 200/60 $ to spend. I wouldn't exclude a scenario with, say, 100/30 $ for 3.x users, given 3.x was released only a year ago.

All pure speculation of course. And those who know are silent for a reason. :smile:

Kind regards, Michael

Just enjoy what u got but have your cash ready for 4.0.

• Upvote 1

Will the unicorns have weather radar and realistic wing flex?

• Upvote 1

Will the unicorns have weather radar and realistic wing flex?

Oh...It will flex wings both ways...