Sign in to follow this  
Manny

What is LM up to? Do we get a P3D V3.4? or V4? anything?

The best indicator is Pete Dowson's vacation schedule.  Almost every release has been near his vacation times.  Does anyone know when he is taking his next vacation?

And usually FSUIPC installer log gives it away.  That is how I discovered V3 and shared that info on here ;-)

• Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Maybe the best thought exercise is to imagine what their commercial customers need at this point. They are, after all, the ones in the, er, driver's seat. Do you think they need 64-bit? They're likely using some of the addons that we peons use (scenery, most likely) and will similarly be cost and delay victims of broken addons the same as the rest of us.

64-bit just doesn't make much business sense from where I sit but I could very likely be wrong.

He vacations at LM.   :wink:

LM's P3d staff are stationed in Orlando, but I don't think that Pete is at Disneyworld.

• Upvote 1

Re: P Dowson at Disney World.

If it has a train, Mr. Dowson is probably on board. Or at least ridden it at some point in his travels.

Don't worry about Pete's holiday...

I could imagine that the 32 bit V3 P3D and a potential future 64 bit V4 P3D platform will exist in parallel for a longer time. It will take some time until the majority of the beloved addons have been adapted to 64bit - some will never. This only affects people that have tons of addons that rely on the 32 bit platform.

Newbies can easily decide whether to jump on the Dovetail, X-Plane or P3D platform and then grow with it.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Forget the newbies, many of them will flick their thumbs on the mobile flight apps for a few hours, think they learned everything, and then get back to looking for Pokémon's or something!

What are us oldbies going to do; split between P3D 32 BIT, P3D 64 Bit, X Plane 10/11, FSX SE, Aerofly, Dovetail 64 bit, DS Flight School, FSX, and for at least one of us, FS9?

We'll have to have a séance to even meet up!  :hi:

Kind regards,

Guys, you should do some better detective work  :Shame On You: If you look at Rob Ascinough's latest video on Orbx's new ENNK scenery, he states in a response to someone's comment asking about the rain effects and PTA "I know about PTA, but I don't use it ... need to be careful with after market shader adjustments, especially as P3D continues to progress. I'm using a shader "correction" (manual edit) in this video that will be included in the next version of P3D."

So he indicates that a shader correction will be included in the next version of P3D. Whilst this doesn't explicitly state when or if it will be P3D V3.4 or P3D V4, it seems they are working on something which Rob seems to have access to. Maybe he is Beta testing the new version and manually adjusting V3.3 to match the shader correction? Haha...the joys of speculation  :dance: Do I win a price or a free unicorn add-on for my contribution to solving the P3D mystery? :lol:

• Upvote 2

Who needs P3D & a unicorn, when we already have... 

FS2004 Rideable Black Stallion

Features- 3 animated speeds riders head turns horses head tail legs move custom sound Panel and VC (saddle). Freedom of customization.Be sure to read the read me for info on operation and tips. Not tested in FSX but may work. Gmax model and textures by Greg Ebnit. XML coding from FFDS. 16MB

Blackstallion.JPG

& Flying Elephant!?
3.11Mb (5424 downloads)
Yes, you guessed it! This is a flying elephant. A member of the forums requested it and he got it. I think everyone else will enjoy the "Flying Elephants FE-200" too! I hope you don't expect a Virtual cockpit! Original MDL file by Microsoft. Made flyable by Brandon Filer.
flying%20elephant_sm.jpg-thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

lol Robin,  Thats brilliant  :smile:

I don't care if breaks the old stuff actually, bring on the 64-bit and let's move on to better things!

I agree. I'm all for breaking the back of old tech in our flightsims. It's high time. We can still use 3.35 til kingdom come but we need newer, stronger, faster, better, smarter.

And, not forgetting the infamous...

Mothra.JPG

FS2002/FS2004 Mothra Science Fiction Animation Plastic Model Series No.30. This is based on the Japanese movie "Mothra". This is new version "mothra" that is possible a highspeed flight(after 1996). By Kazunori Ito. 1MB

demekin1.JPG

FS2002 Kuro Demekin (black pop-eyed goldfish) It is the 2002 Christmas present from Sakichi System. Kuro Demekin is one of the famous goldfishes in the kind of a goldfish of Japan. The big eye which jumped out is the feature of that. Please enjoy the animation of Demekin with an external viewpoint. :-) By Sakichi System (Ogawa Tetsuji 'm0m'). 382K

And, of course for the enevitable...

grunterw.jpg

Grunter BP1 (Big Pig) by Stuart Green Model features Moving legs at taxiing "Streamlined" pose in flight Aileron ears Teat flaps Twin nose cannon 6 underbelly teat guns for straffing (use 5 on your keypad for target view) Virtual tailhook for carrier landings Custom pigpoo bombs Er..what can I say...have fun. I made this one big so it isn't too hard to hit Smoke that bacon! Poo on the enemy!. 492K

So, the phrase... 'I will get P3D when pigs fly!!' is moot!

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I wont look at P3D until its 64 bit, anything else youre buying into a dead end.

spacer.png