Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

Bets biz jet for short runways

What would be your thought for the best choice of a small biz jet for short runways? I use PMDG NGX and Aerosoft Airbus a lot, but with the advent of all these new fantastic smaller airports like Narvik, Norway I'd like to get to them with a fast plane, but then be able to land there without going off the end of the runway! :P

I'd love to know some suggestions, would you recommend the Carenado Phenom 100 for instance?

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

As long as You don't expect PMDG quality.

Any of the following:

The F1 Mustang. (a bit heavy on frames)

The Flysimware Lear 35A.

The Carenado Phenom 100,  300  or CJ2  (with Bert's mods).
If you don't like the Carenado's G1000 or PL21 then add the GTN750 and you have a performer.

They are all very capable for short/medium runways & hops.

Maybe the upcoming Lear 60XR from the yet unknown developer, and some more under development, but we will have to wait and see their specs.

Does it have to be a jet? Carenado PC12, though a turboprop, is a great luxury airplane that can land on short grass strips. Turbine Duke is another one.

Flight1 Mustang - hands down.  I own both Carenado Phenoms with the GTN 750 mods.  They are pretty good for a change of pace, but cannot compete with the Mustang  IMHO.

WAT1460.png

The Flight1 Mustang can operate from incredibly short runways (for a jet) in P3D. I fly it in and out of Earth Simulations Isles of Scilly EGHE St Mary's, and that is 650 metres if you count the turn around areas at both ends!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The IRIS PC-24 would be good when its released as it is designed as a STOL aircraft.

The Lionheart Lear 24b can use pretty short runways, if you don't mind the "retro" cockpit, great with the GTN750 in the VC as well. It is also better on frames than the Mustang, not to mention vastly faster.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Thanks guys, these are all great suggestions. I've been having fun browsing and looking at videos and pix. All look good.

I just noticed my misspelled title...I swear... :fool:

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

There is nothing wrong with framerates when using the Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang if you do not have obstacles active on the G1000 (to be honest, I have never seen those obstacles on the G1000 screen, so it remains a mystery why so many people seem to have them enabled). I first purchased the Mustang (for FSX) way back in 2009, and it ran fine on the 2.8Ghz Intel Core 2 Quad/512MB GeForce 9800GT/4GB RAM powered system that I used at the time.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Another vote for the Citation Mustang. In Second place the Lipnheart LJ24B.

Tomás Fabada Castellana