Sign in to follow this  
cowpatz

FS Labs A320 FSX release set for 18 Aug

Wow. 100 bucks for a flight simulator addon? I realize that it's probably going to be super realistic, but I think I'm gonna wait for the price to drop or for a sale...

Ever heard of PMDG hehe?

• Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

$100!!!

I was really looking forward to the FSLabs A320, but that price is just cost prohibitive. I would have probably forked over $70-$75, but at $100, this will probably be a lost sale.

• Upvote 6

(Assuming its PMDG level realistic), If its really eye candy good and not FPS expensive (with VC only option no need for 2D these days)..then it maybe worth it...but if its graphically poor like the concorde and FPS expensive...then that would be a hard decision.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

At that price I'm certainly going to wait for reviews....thorough and numerous ones.

• Upvote 9

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

At that price I'm certainly going to wait for reviews

With only P3D on my PC, I have no choice.

But to be honest guys, if we are paying 50-60$ for a Caranado aircraft then, is $100 for a PMDG type aircraft really that expensive... we spend that kind of money for GF modules and stuff too...  These kinds of aircrafts don't come out that frequently either. so I am going  to give the cost of the product a pass.

I wonder how they have setup the throttle unit for the A320.. Aerosoft had to do some workaround for their A320  (which works nicely).

But Aerosoft eyecandy for their VC with night lighting was fantastic... so on an eye candy level...FSLabs have to deliver.. I know not many are interested in eye candy.. But I am. :). We spend a lot of money for eyecandy weather, eyecandy LC and  textures ..so why not eyecandy VC too. 

• Upvote 2

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

It will be sometime in 2017 before we can expect a P3D version. First they need to work through the early adopter issues, then the general release to public of the FSX version and all the support issues that will entail. That is not going to be quick and easy. They said beta for P3D will not even start until all that is worked through.

• Upvote 2

Eric 

At that price I'm certainly going to wait for reviews....thorough and numerous ones.

Same here. I can live with the Aerosoft without issues rather than pay a large amount for a new aircraft. The reviews and issues will have to be the guide whether I get it or not.

Richie Walsh

It will be sometime in 2017 before we can expect a P3D version. First they need to work through the early adopter issues, then the general release to public of the FSX version and all the support issues that will entail. That is not going to be quick and easy. They said beta for P3D will not even start until all that is worked through.

Maybe that is a good thing....P3D will likely be 64 bit by then and FSL will probably need to release a version that is compatible so at least you will not have to buy it twice.

• Upvote 4

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Wow, sure glad I have the Aerosoft bus and love it. 100 for a virtual aircraft is just greed. A2A will bring out their Connie soon and that is the only aircraft I really am looking forward to. I am sure it will be in the 60 buck range with Accusim and that is a bargain. 

• Upvote 3

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

P3D you can expect around $125 maybe slightly higher... But that's what we are used to by now anyways

We? Maybe you are but there are a lot of simmers that are not used to paying those prices.

With only P3D on my PC, I have no choice.

But to be honest guys, if we are paying 50-60$ for a Caranado aircraft then, is $100 for a PMDG type aircraft really that expensive... we spend that kind of money for GF modules and stuff too...  These kinds of aircrafts don't come out that frequently either. so I am going  to give the cost of the product a pass.

I wonder how they have setup the throttle unit for the A320.. Aerosoft had to do some workaround for their A320  (which works nicely).

But Aerosoft eyecandy for their VC with night lighting was fantastic... so on an eye candy level...FSLabs have to deliver.. I know not many are interested in eye candy.. But I am. :). We spend a lot of money for eyecandy weather, eyecandy LC and  textures ..so why not eyecandy VC too.

We? Again, maybe you are used to paying Carenado those prices. I'm certainly not.
  • Upvote 2

I love it when people in the US complain about a simulator add on price! Be thankful for two reasons! 1: You will get an amazing product.

2: it could be worse! In fact it is if you are Australian, Canadian or Kiwi. For us it's more like $130 - $140!

• Upvote 2

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.