Sign in to follow this  
cowpatz

FS Labs A320 FSX release set for 18 Aug

I have never been a huge Airbus sim fan, but I'm a believer now.

£83 is very reasonable considering the attention to detail in this project.

My biggest (first world) problem is having to change over from yokes to sticks and back.  It's a PITA process.

I am an Airbus convert too, I am having a great time learning how to operate an Airbus. But do not have the FSLabs yet. Still going back and forth between holding out and upgrading to P3D or installing FSX Steam.

I am an Airbus convert too, I am having a great time learning how to operate an Airbus. But do not have the FSLabs yet. Still going back and forth between holding out and upgrading to P3D or installing FSX Steam.

I hear ya.  I'm going to wait until the P3D version.  That's one discipline I have decided to maintain.  The cross platform thing for me is annoying, high maintenance, time consuming and expensive.

I have the Aerosoft |Airbus, but have not really taught myself to fly the thing properly as much as I have the Boeing variety (PMDG).  I love  Boeing flightdecks, but I do marvel at the technology behind the Airbus and if there was ever a reason to teach yourself how it all works, I think that opportunity just arrived.

I hear ya.  I'm going to wait until the P3D version.  That's one discipline I have decided to maintain.  The cross platform thing for me is annoying, high maintenance, time consuming and expensive.

I have the Aerosoft |Airbus, but have not really taught myself to fly the thing properly as much as I have the Boeing variety (PMDG).  I love  Boeing flightdecks, but I do marvel at the technology behind the Airbus and if there was ever a reason to teach yourself how it all works, I think that opportunity just arrived.

Also using the AS Airbus with the FBW mod, and a few other mods in the AS forum like anti-ice, air conditioning, and forgot the 3rd. User created mods make it more realistic and fun. So far I lean on FSX Steam since I can still fly PMDG 737 and 777 and my old sceneries without worrying about compatibility or with PMDG having to spend hundreds just to get P3d versions.

Guys $100 is not bad for an actual airbus in digital form.

Physical Airbus = $98 Million

Digital Airbus = $100

Yes they recreated the actual thing.

The price is completely reasonable indeed, and for those who use both FSX and P3D (like me) the total price for both versions is going to be much, much lower than with some other devs who charge you the full price twice, as if they had to model everything from the scratch for P3D which isn't the case obviously. 

• Upvote 4

I have never been a huge Airbus sim fan, but I'm a believer now.

£83 is very reasonable considering the attention to detail in this project.

My biggest (first world) problem is having to change over from yokes to sticks and back.  It's a PITA process.

Hi - curious about your statement about changing from yoke to stick - why are you not just using the yoke - whats your thought process on using the stick - whats the difference from using your yoke ? thanks 

Rich Sennett

Hi - curious about your statement about changing from yoke to stick - why are you not just using the yoke - whats your thought process on using the stick - whats the difference from using your yoke ? thanks

In the same way that flying a Cessna or a Boeing didn't feel realistic to me using a joystick, I feel the same when I fly an Airbus. Using a yoke in an Airbus just doesn't feel right at all. So I use my yoke and X-55 interchangably. - Not that there is much hand flying to do, but nonetheless.

In the same way that flying a Cessna or a Boeing didn't feel realistic to me using a joystick, I feel the same when I fly an Airbus. Using a yoke in an Airbus just doesn't feel right at all. So I use my yoke and X-55 interchangably. - Not that there is much hand flying to do, but nonetheless.

Got yah thanks - I see the Boeing thing using a stick would be silly but a yoke on an airbus is not that far off imo and less hassle changing between the two as mentioned by you - one less thing for me to buy  :)

Something else that comes to mind IRL I am right handed and being in pilot seat I would have a real hard time using that stick with my left hand - just a thought 

Rich Sennett

Using a yoke for an Airbus is sacriligiously unrealistic haha :smile:   I use a Saitek Yoke for other planes, but I have an old Logitech Atk3 for the AS Airbus (and FSL when I get it).  Place it at my left side - so much more realistic. A yoke just can't replicate the movements of a sidestick, because with a joystick, you're moving a pole directly across the 4 axes.  A yoke is an extension of those 4 axes, so the movements made are completely different in terms of movement.

Joystick = your hand flies the plane

Yoke = Your arm flies the plane

Just my 2c of course.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

And, in an Airbus, you should really try to put the stick, an the TQ, in the right spot... depending on seating captain or fo...

Adapting to left hand controls, for a right-handed takes it's time... but that's what every a320 captain has to learn.

At some simming events and youtubes I've even seen people grabbing the stick with both hands :-), rather difficult and unnatural in the real thing....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thanks guys - def wouldnt use my left hand if I had a stick   :wink:

Rich Sennett

Something else that comes to mind IRL I am right handed and being in pilot seat I would have a real hard time using that stick with my left hand - just a thought 

I forced myself to fly left-handed during beta-testing the FSL A320 using a Thrustmaster T16000M...tough at first, but the plane is so easy to hand-fly, I've grown accustomed to it!

• Upvote 2

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

*Pedantic hat on*

Airbus calls it a sidestick.

You should use a joystick if you have one, it makes flying realistic and also more enjoyable. I put it on top of a box and storage container to the left of my computer chair, and the throttle on the right side. You get a real feeling of flying it and learn how to make the movements necessary to control it, unlike a yoke and flying a Boeing, an Airbus feels different because of the FBW and auto-trim system. Quick sudden movements but small is what I think works on an Airbus, but with Boeing and other aircraft the yoke is sensitive and you ease it around. The systems and fmgs remind me of my favorite aircraft, the MD-11. The flight plan page has the same up/down arrows and other logic like clicking on the waypoint then selecting airways from that and adding onto the flight plan.

For a REALLY fun time, I may switch my setup around, and have the yoke on the right, throttles on the left, like a real first officer.

I am saving up and will buy the FSLabs for FSX Steam when I can afford it, and when I feel like dedicating a weekend to installing Windows over again and FSX Steam to start from scratch.

To FSLabs buyers that fly it in FSX Acceleration, are you able to fly from addon scenery to addon scenery? What is the VAS usage compared to the AS Airbus and PMDG 777 in real numbers? Thank you.

I completed a flight just now landing at Aerosoft Mallorca Evolution from FSDT Zurich, overflying FSDT Geneva, and did not get an OOM. I have OpenLC Europe and Vector/Global with FreeMeshX and ASN. Would I get OOM on approach to Mallorca in the FSLabs?

Thanks guys - def wouldnt use my left hand if I had a stick   :wink:

Do you have space to put a joystick on your right side?  That would work well (you've been demoted to F/O tee hee!), and a lot more realistic than using a yoke.

Also worth pointing out that if you use FSUIPC assignments for your axes, and use the custom aircraft tick box (I forget it's exact name), it will remember which device and all the settings for each aircraft - so no fiddling around having to assign axes for your joystick when flying a 'bus.

- I have my yoke and my jostick plugged in at all times - but only one device is assigned, for each aircraft I fly.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

....or you could get one of these if you're feeling flush

http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/components/a320/a320-flight-controls/a320-pro-mx-series-sidestick/

Also worth pointing out that if you use FSUIPC assignments for your axes, and use the custom aircraft tick box (I forget it's exact name), it will remember which device and all the settings for each aircraft - so no fiddling around having to assign axes for your joystick when flying a 'bus.

Great point Bill, and much less of a pain.

• Upvote 1