Sign in to follow this  
cowpatz

FS Labs A320 FSX release set for 18 Aug

I love it when people in the US complain about a simulator add on price! Be thankful for two reasons! 1: You will get an amazing product.

2: it could be worse! In fact it is if you are Australian, Canadian or Kiwi. For us it's more like $130 - $140!

You forget when the exchange rates weren't quite so kind to those of us in the US.

• Upvote 3

NAX669.png

You forget when the exchange rates weren't quite so kind to those of us in the US.

you mean the short period? Didn't last long for you! For us ( people's in Can, Aust etc.. ) we always pay more so I don't feel sorry for you!
  • Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

you mean the short period? Didn't last long for you! For us ( people's in Can, Aust etc.. ) we always pay more so I don't feel sorry for you!

And from 1st October we have to pay 15% GST on online purchases in NZ. Ouch!!!

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

How will NZ be able to enforce that?

Pete Richards

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

How will NZ be able to enforce that?

Just like they do in Europe. For example Simmarket. I guess it is all done through the banking system. Even PayPal will have an auto tax added if you use that method of payment.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

The expectations for this plane are sky-high, and if it ends up being as awesome as it sounds, $100 is a great price! PMDG are incredible products and priced very similarly. So, let's let the initial impressions flood in!! And then the painful wait for P3D release.......

I love it when people in the US complain about a simulator add on price! Be thankful for two reasons! 1: You will get an amazing product.

2: it could be worse! In fact it is if you are Australian, Canadian or Kiwi. For us it's more like $130 - $140!

Oh yes! Let's set up an altar and worship and thank them evry day for letting us have the privilege of paying only 100 bucks to have their wonderful product!

• Upvote 5

we have to pay 15% GST on online purchases in NZ. Ouch!!!

I`d love to know how the NZ Govt will get the GST off basement developers in other country's? not everything is sold with paypal or simmarket... anyway FSlabs mentions they are passing the cost of insurance to the customers for P3d, what insurance!!

tpewpb-6.png

Oh yes! Let's set up an altar and worship and thank them evry day for letting us have the privilege of paying only 100 bucks to have their wonderful product!

Sorry but I'm not religious! And I don't see anyone forcing you to buy anything!
  • Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Lefteris has confirmed on the FSL forum, that the $99.95 price, does not include VAT for EU buyers.  So to EU buyers, it will cost $119.99.   [Gulp].

What a unit price.   10 sales = $1,000.   I'm in the wrong business!

Just bantering - it may well be worth it, I'm sure.  But it's out of my budget, so I'll have to just look on enviously at the videos and screenshots from others :)

• Upvote 11

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I`d love to know how the NZ Govt will get the GST off basement developers in other country's? not everything is sold with paypal or simmarket... anyway FSlabs mentions they are passing the cost of insurance to the customers for P3d, what insurance!!

But, unless you pay by cold cash, and most buyers would use Visa or Mastercard, or paypal. How else do you pay a basement developer who may reside thousands of miles away ?

Do you go to car websites and whine about why the shiny new BMW doesn't cost the same as a Ford? This will be top quality product and as such, sells for a top quality price. As someone else said, people pay around $50 for crap from Carenado so you think something that will actually be more than a pretty picture should cost the same?? As was also already said, no one is forcing you to buy it. Price is too high, don't purchase. It's just that simple.
  • Upvote 7

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

As was also already said, no one is forcing you to buy it. Price is too high, don't purchase. It's just that simple.

People are simply voicing their concerns about a product they are being priced out of, nothing wrong with that.  Although I can afford it, I will wait (actually I don't have a choice) to see what it can do, as I won't be buying the FSX version anytime soon.

Looks amazing though.

• Upvote 2

FSlabs mentions they are passing the cost of insurance to the customers for P3d, what insurance!!

The [aircraft] developers that charge different prices for different versions of their simulators still haven't explained to us, unless I missed it, what exactly these costs are and why they feel compelled to abide by such policies. Especially given that numerous other developers for aircraft, scenery, tools, etc., don't.

• Upvote 6