Sign in to follow this  
cowpatz

FS Labs A320 FSX release set for 18 Aug

"at some points mildly cringeworthy" is exactly how I felt!  Ben, I appreciate a well researched and professional video with high production standards take a lot of time and effort to produce (much more than the length of the final video). I don't see that being the case with streaming though, which is what I was talking about before all this spiralled!

• Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Could we close the Matt bashing now? Holy Sh...

Try doing videos in his quality and we can talk again. Maybe you don't understand that he isn't flying Airbuses all the time. And maybe you guys are better Pilots than him.

But guess what: no one cares :-)

• Upvote 8

Could we close the Matt bashing now? Holy Sh...

Try doing videos in his quality and we can talk again. Maybe you don't understand that he isn't flying Airbuses all the time. And maybe you guys are better Pilots than him.

But guess what: no one cares :-)

+1

Even though I will never use all of the in depth features there is something about knowing that the addon works just as the real aircraft does that makes it appealing (just like PMDG, Majestic and A2A addons).

This comment is even more relevant to me than most other users of these aircraft. That's because I don't ever get above 5000 feet in anything that I fly, and quite often I am doing nothing more than traffic patterns with gear down and flaps extended. This may seem strange to many people (particularly when I do it in such a technically sophisticated aircraft like the PMDG 737 NGX), but I like to fly the very best aircraft available, even if I only ever use 1% of what they have to offer! The PMDG 737 NGX is a sublime piece of kit in all departments, and if the FSL Airbus A320 is that kind of quality, then I am willing to pay over $100 for the 3D model/VC/Texture quality/sounds/flight model alone. The complex systems are a bonus if I ever decide to learn how to do it all properly!!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

"at some points mildly cringeworthy" is exactly how I felt! Ben, I appreciate a well researched and professional video with high production standards take a lot of time and effort to produce (much more than the length of the final video). I don't see that being the case with streaming though, which is what I was talking about before all this spiralled!

I think that's fair enough. I've flown on a live stream a few times and despite being a broadcaster by trade, I have to say it's quite nerve wracking. You also spend more time being distracted by the chat and other things than really flying. It's also true to say that very few people watching will even care or notice how well it's being flown. Heck, the worse you fly, the more entertaining it is!

Matt can fly very well when he wants to and I was very impressed with the way he flew the IXEG 737. I only caught a few bits of the stream last night so can't comment. There were 1000 people watching it though, so fair play!

• Upvote 2

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

The PMDG 737 NGX is a sublime piece of kit in all departments

Welll, except for some serious visual DISTORTION of the windshield and framing geometry as seen from ANY POV position in the cockpit of PMDG 737NGX, see and compare yourself:

Their next 777 came out MUCH better in this department.

Cheers,

Dirk.

The window issue is completely irrelevant to me.

I had never noticed (much less minded) it before I read about it here. Serves an actual purpose too, and that is accomodating the HUD.

The PMDG 737 NGX is a sublime piece of kit in all departments,

I have the NGX in FSX and the IFly NG in FS9 and now spend more time in the IFly. Got more options, flies better, some features the other doesn't, and cheaper. And like mentioned above, Pmdg cockpit is very much comprised and feels like sitting in a steel steam roller. Awful graphics.

Graphics on this A320 aside, what is the FDE like compared to the real thing?

• Upvote 1

This comment is even more relevant to me than most other users of these aircraft. That's because I don't ever get above 5000 feet in anything that I fly, and quite often I am doing nothing more than traffic patterns with gear down and flaps extended. This may seem strange to many people (particularly when I do it in such a technically sophisticated aircraft like the PMDG 737 NGX), but I like to fly the very best aircraft available, even if I only ever use 1% of what they have to offer! The PMDG 737 NGX is a sublime piece of kit in all departments, and if the FSL Airbus A320 is that kind of quality, then I am willing to pay over $100 for the 3D model/VC/Texture quality/sounds/flight model alone. The complex systems are a bonus if I ever decide to learn how to do it all properly!!

You sound like a perfect customer for the A2A aircraft.   The Comanche is simply amazing.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Welll, except for some serious visual DISTORTION of the windshield and framing geometry as seen from ANY POV position in the cockpit of PMDG 737NGX, see and compare yourself:

Their next 777 came out MUCH better in this department.

Cheers,

Dirk.

While I agree with what you say, it was explained, they had to do it this way to get the collimated HGS system to work properly. Like everything in the sim, there are times compromises have to be made, and if fixing the POV meant losing the collimated HGS, I think this is a compromise I could live with. but we're getting way off topic now, this thread should be all about the FSL A320. What I see so far looks very good for hardcore simmers, that want every button and knob to be functional.

• Upvote 1

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I have the NGX in FSX and the IFly NG in FS9 and now spend more time in the IFly. Got more options, flies better, some features the other doesn't, and cheaper. And like mentioned above, Pmdg cockpit is very much comprised and feels like sitting in a steel steam roller. Awful graphics.

You can't be serious? The VC in the PMDG 737 NGX is very high quality. If it had "awful graphics", then I wouldn't be using it.

You sound like a perfect customer for the A2A aircraft.   The Comanche is simply amazing.

I already have it.....and the Cherokee 180 :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Short question: is there a comparison between the fslabs A320 and the Aerosoft?

And does the fslabs Airbus have a checklist with the FO like the Aerosoft?

Short question: is there a comparison between the fslabs A320 and the Aerosoft?

And does the fslabs Airbus have a checklist with the FO like the Aerosoft?

No - dont have this bird but I dont know of any developer thats has an FO implemented like the AS airbus - one of kind 

Hence the FS2Crew addon

Rich Sennett

While some of us are waiting for the P3D Version, it would really help to have some tutorial like these ones for the PMDG 747

1) A quick tutorial like this. The best tutorial that got me simming with the PMDG 747 for the very first time... Just the sequence of steps to do without explanation of why I am to perform that step

http://smithplanet.com/fs2004/pmdg/

and 

2) A comprehensive Tutorial like this. With reasons behind why I do each step.

http://roman.freeworld-airways.com/oldfiles/files/Training/pmdg_744_tut/pmdg_744_tutorial.pdf

• Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter