Sign in to follow this  
cowpatz

FS Labs A320 FSX release set for 18 Aug

I love it when people in the US complain about a simulator add on price! Be thankful for two reasons! 1: You will get an amazing product.

2: it could be worse! In fact it is if you are Australian, Canadian or Kiwi. For us it's more like $130 - $140!

And are you going to pay 140$ for that ?! And how can you be so sure its an amazing product ? I dont think they are on PMDG level. For that price they can keep it.

• Upvote 2

Roi Ben

Thing is, Aerosoft's model is mostly wrong. Performance is wrong and most of the aircraft's reactions to the environment are incorrect - It's not the first time my aircraft crashes into the ground after takeoff because of this, and even worse if i use IAE engines.

Plus, it cannot fly some procedures without going into "its own mode" and failing to comply with some instructions given on the FCU. This is why i want the FSL Airbus, i expect it to do what i just told it to, and not act up on me.

As far as the 3D tanks are concerned, you can actually see it if you are landing or taking off (don't really remember the exact situation in which this occurs) with a determined quantity of fuel... You will see a low fuel warning just like on the real aircraft because of this. The aircraft is alive, it's not just a bunch of IF-THEN-ELSES going around.

Thank god, I'm not alone with this opinion.

The most thing on the AS Bus bothering me, is the wrong angle of the Flaps... Especially 1+F is horrible wrong...

• Upvote 2

Philipp Schwaegerl

$100!!!

I was really looking forward to the FSLabs A320, but that price is just cost prohibitive. I would have probably forked over $70-$75, but at $100, this will probably be a lost sale.

So for 2 coffees more than a PMDG add on you dismiss it.....and you have had 7 years to save. Give me a break.

Besides the ridiculous analogy, the comment (and I guess you're yet another person that doesn't understand sarcasm) is targeted toward the beyond ridiculous comment that we should be thankful that's the price and not more.

Actually the analogy was quite appropriate. Sarcasm is best kept for verbal usage....it just doesn't work well via text.....no tone...no infliction.

I dont think they are on PMDG level.

How do you support this ridiculous claim? Have you even done any basic google research or just plucked a passing thought bubble out of thin air?

• Upvote 1

Cheers

Steve Hall

So for 2 coffees more than a PMDG add on you dismiss it.....and you have had 7 years to save. Give me a break.

I'm a PhD student on a small stipend who commutes an hour each way. $100 is several tanks of fuel. $100 is a whole week of groceries. $100 is what was just left in my bank account because the school expects you to work as a full-time employee, but only pays you for half-time and only 11 months of the year since they don't want to tack on any kind of benefits. Significant portion of my car payment. $100 is a lot to me. It may be not for you, but that's okay. Money is relative to everyone. IDK how I had "7 years to save". I only really got into this hobby a couple of years ago and only learned of the FSLabs A320 until recently. Plus you're talking to a guy who would rather build his own global mesh that pay $70 for an existing one. I'm cheap and frugal because I have to be at this stage of my life.

I just don't see the problem with me not wanting to spend that kind of money. It's in my right to choose what I will buy and not buy based on a certain pricing, and that pricing level will be different for anyone else. I just don't go around criticizing others for their decisions.

• Upvote 18

I dont think they are on PMDG level.

Actually, Lefteris is ex-PMDG, so I think they are very close.

Plus you're talking to a guy who would rather build his own global mesh that pay $70 for an existing one.

And amazing it it too!

I'm a PhD student on a small stipend who commutes an hour each way. $100 is several tanks of fuel. $100 is a whole week of groceries. $100 is what was just left in my bank account because the school expects you to work as a full-time employee, but only pays you for half-time and only 11 months of the year since they don't want to tack on any kind of benefits. Significant portion of my car payment. $100 is a lot to me. It may be not for you, but that's okay. Money is relative to everyone. IDK how I had "7 years to save". I only really got into this hobby a couple of years ago and only learned of the FSLabs A320 until recently. Plus you're talking to a guy who would rather build his own global mesh that pay $70 for an existing one. I'm cheap and frugal because I have to be at this stage of my life.

I just don't see the problem with me not wanting to spend that kind of money. It's in my right to choose what I will buy and not buy based on a certain pricing, and that pricing level will be different for anyone else. I just don't go around criticizing others for their decisions.

Fully understand the plight Daniel but it is not a lost sale as you put it....it is a sale that was obviously never going to happen.

Cheers

Steve Hall

...140$ for that ?! And how can you be so sure its an amazing product ? I dont think they are on PMDG level..

I wondered how long it would be before the PMDG worshippers showed up; I've never understood why some people regard them as untouchable demigods. There are developers who can match and surpass PMDG's quality/fidelity, and usually for a cheaper price too. I appreciate PMDG do some very good stuff and hence set a benchmark, but the "beyond reproach" attitude held by some is not healthy for the community or marketplace and I think it's partly responsible for a P3D 77W costing $165 (or $285 if you previous purchased for FSX).

I won't "early adopt" myself but I expect the reviews will confirm FS Labs have set a new benchmark for FSX aircraft addons (imo this is currently held my Majestic's Q400), based on the information, preview videos and provenance of those involved. I learnt long ago never pre-order an addon just to secure a small discount, I got stung by never-finished products like DA's F100 and Airsimmer's A320. Make an informed purchasing decision based on the current state of the product and quality reviews.

• Upvote 4

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

You could easily blow $100 on a night out

that's a cheap night  out :wink:   depending  on where you go  and  who with :P

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

No, it is a lost sale because if it was at a lower price point it might have been a sale. 

I have been doing this for a very long time now and think 100 for an add on is absurd. It is obvious that Avsim is geared more to the affluent hobbyist than to the casual flyer that just wants to go from here to there and have most things work and have a nice looking aircraft as well.

Personally I could care less for super study aircraft and just enjoy flying a reasonable facsimile of the real thing such as the Aerosoft Airbus series. 

• Upvote 6

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I have been doing this for a very long time now and think 100 for an add on is absurd.

Personally I could care less for super study aircraft and just enjoy flying a reasonable facsimile of the real thing such as the Aerosoft Airbus series. 

Paul,

This title isn't really intended for the casual simmer - it was built for those who enjoy studying aircraft systems in depth and learning how flight crews not only operate a scheduled commercial flight, but also how to deal with non-normal scenarios, such as an electrical failure, hydraulic leak or a bird strike on takeoff. 

Whilst the title doesn't interest you - a great number of people are interested in a study-level sim, and that is the reason why we have spent six years developing this simulation.

• Upvote 17

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

But then you are catered for. Our current flightsim spectrum caters for everyone. We are fortunate in that regard. There is no need to bash high-end developers for their pricing point. It may be our hobby, but it's their business. 

• Upvote 3

I intend to spend extra time in the FSL bus and try a huge number of things in it, different from what I have done/been able to do in the Aerosoft bus.

Considering my extra no. of hours in the FSL bus, their product may not be too expensive - on a price-per-flying hour basis.

Your mileage may, and is allowed to differ.

Oh, and I am on FSX-MS and FSX-SE.   :P

plus, compared to the Airlinetools A32X - CHF 480,00 - it's actually cheap !

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Paul,

This title isn't really intended for the casual simmer - it was built for those who enjoy studying aircraft systems in depth and learning how flight crews not only operate a scheduled commercial flight, but also how to deal with non-normal scenarios, such as an electrical failure, hydraulic leak or a bird strike on takeoff. 

Whilst the title doesn't interest you - a great number of people are interested in a study-level sim, and that is the reason why we have spent six years developing this simulation.

Sorry but the fact it took 6 years to develop does not necessarily saying it should have 100$+ price tag. IMO...

• Upvote 2

Roi Ben

How many in-depth airline simulations are released every decade (I won't even say year)? Let's take a look at the 2010s. So far we've got the PMDG 737 and 777, the Majestic Q400, soon the A32X and likely a little later, the PMDG 748i. Statistically, that's not even one release per year. So if one of them turns out to be a little more expensive than the others, that's not a deal-breaker to me, purely from a financial standpoint. Having said that, $120 (incl. VAT) is still a high price and I won't be able to afford it straight away. I will start saving a bit now and then comfortably purchase next month or in October. Still have a lot of studying to to do, and let's be honest, who will spend hours of learning when he's got the plane ready to fly? :smile: The price tag compels me to take this a little more seriously than light addons of the same aircraft.

• Upvote 1