Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

FS10: Tiny Improvements (Suggestions)

Guest jetBlue_83

What I just realized I would like to see: Ability to change the flightplan generated by the FS flightplanner, or the ability to have the FS flightplanner create flights similar to real world ones. To explain a little, for example, for many of our addon aircraft, we can download the NavData and fly real published procedures. I just wish there was a way for the ATC to go along with it.

>Crash Scene InvestigationCrash? I never crash...Would never be used in my case. "wink".. :/Besides, if I did crash, I would just blame it on a software malfunction. Blame it on direct X, it's reason I plowed into a mountain. :( Me? I wanna a stew to bring me coffeeso I don't have to get up... Maybe even have hersit on my lap if they come out with a "pro" versionagain... :) I'd pay extra for that. MK

Tiny improvements: 1) Model varying ground friction, depending on the weather :)2) Allow pushback trucks to appear on all aircraft, if appropriate. The aircraft.cfg could contain something like:{pushback}pushback_truck=1 //1 = VISIBLE, 0 = OFFpushback_truck_reference_position=0.000000,120.000000,-4.000000//lateral positon, longitudinal position, vertical position from aircraft datumpushback_truck_type=1 //1=small, 2=medium, 3=large..... FINALLY we would see a REAL pushback truck, which would be compatible with ALL planes :)Surely it can be done :D

get rid of the &$&$ texture masking when flying at high altitudes, or at least blend it in. it looks ridiculous with add-on mesh and textures for land and water when you see light blue water making a square around your airplane

Please don't take this wrong - but have you ever used flight plans from the FS2004 Flight Planner to fly DP/STAR routes, transitions and complex approaches?I do almost every time I fly and it's not any more difficult than programming many of the FMS systems.You have to make the changes to the auto generated route for the DP/STAR, and the desired transition intersection/waypoint.FlightSim2004 included in the original database almost all the published procedures in the world. Almost any approach in NavData is already in FS2004.The ATC will follow those departure procedures, routes, arrival routes, transitions and approach procedures.FS2004 works as well out of the box as any of the navigation systems available from any addon publisher. Yes, the GPS is a one size fits all and does not do all the calculations and uses the simplified FS autopilot.But the actual flight is just as "real"Now, the data has not been updated in about three years, so there are some discrepancies with the real world today.That is why people like Jim Vile have published, on this web site, new approach data for new runways or new ILS at KATL, KDEN, KMIA, KIAH, EFHK, LEBL, KLAS, KFUG, KVQQ, EHAM, KCLE, KMCO. Another group just released approaches for the new runways at LEMD.Jim has also published approaches for LOWI and PHNL which keep AI aircraft, and the user aircraft if chosen, away from the terrain. This involves creating a fake ILS approach - but not a fake ILS transmitter. It works quite well.

Here is an easy one:Offer an option to have the tower view switch automatically to the arrival airport (or the airport closest to aircraft), rather than staying stuck at the departure airport.Apologies if this already exists in FS9; I have not found it yet.Phil

Hi Peter & Jeroen,Hey, I like the humor. Jeroen, you are an ace here... one simply accepts your keen sense of irony.As to crashes...sorry to offend, Peter. My request is to have a way to discover and analyze the "pilot error" that causes a crash. A handful of times I've had a landing go awry without realizing what was going on. (Or had an aircraft disintegrate in mid-air

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest Tomlin

Some REALLY great ideas here!Here's my take on it: Many people want all these nice aircraft and sceneries and utilities, but in reality (and most likely) all the really nice stuff will always be up to the freeware and payware developers to create. Yeah, it'd be nice to have 100+ aircraft and thousands of highly detailed airports, but it would take so long for the MS team to create it, that it would not be affordable, or accurate info by the time it went to release! So, I make my humble requests below:1) Sloping Runways2) Variable friction modeling, for wet or snowy runways and grass strips3) Better texture display/engine4) Cloud Shadows5) Better flight modelingAll the aircraft that I really love are already made by payware authors.and better ATC is around the corner with Radar Contact v4! There's tons more of accents from around the world more than the default MS ATC, plus WAY more accurate.;

Guest Bob_Jones

What would be a first and a completely novel idea, is not having to spend 1500+ upgrading your system to run the darn thing ;).Regards,Bob JonesFFS development teamhttp://www.flightfactory-simulations.comCurrent project: Saab 340B

Guest Peter Sidoli

MikeI understand what you are after but dont think that MSFS will achieve it for you.Sadly the worst area of FS flight engine is in the areas which would have to be accurate for there to be any learning benefit.Ie in the slow flight/stall spin scenario where FS does not do a good job.Even in your overstress scenario MSFS deals with this in a very primitive unreal way which bears no semblance to reality or the complexities of reality.Because of the shortcomings in this area of flight any simulation would have to be gamey rather than a realistic learning toolPeter

Guest garwig

Here's my requests:1. Allow me to better edit airport runway usage through AFCAD (or similar utility), such as runways used for depature or landing, which are the calm wind runways etc. (Yes, I know AFCAD has some ability in this now, but it has some problems because of data hard-coded to the sim).2. Stop telling me to "exit runway when able" over and over. Just once is fine, and while you're at it tell me if I should exit to the left or to the right for the parking spot you're going to give me.3. Make engine management more realistic (i.e. engines fail if you abuse them).4. ATC actually separates aircraft, even if it's just the ones that might conflict with me.-Gary Letona

Guest ssurjap

I know MS already said this is not feasible, but I sure wish someone would offer a service of quarterly airport updates. I know I can always purchase or download the enhanced sceneries, but it would be nice if I can, for example, get a new DEN airport (which adds runway 34L).

A new KDEN with working approaches for the new runway has been available here on Avsim for over a year.Search for author name Jim Vile.