Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Help, Sharp horizon and grey Autogen in fog

Guest DavidBusDriver24

Erm the subject title is the main problem I am having, while using FS2004 with a Radeon 9700 (I Think!), didnt seem to have any problems until installing FSSkyWorld and Soft Horizons, since then it has gone very sharp, and in low visibility the terrain ends abruptly with no shading , and all autogen and rwy/taxi textures go a very light grey! Also getting a lot of flickering on buildings and aircraftIs this a driver or settings problem, if someone can answer that would be a great help.Best Regards

Soft Horizons is just a slightly modified set of bitmaps--it wouldn't cause the problem. FSSkyworld has more to it, but it also shouldn't cause any issues. I somewhat recall an issue with fog table emulation in Radeon Cards, but I don't know the solution, other than the issue causes the symptoms you describe. It is possible that an improper install of FSSkyworld or Soft Horizons could also cause issues. Last, Soft Horizons is a low bandwidth alternative for other packages and the joining of both could cause unforseen issues.JohnAuthor, Soft Horizons and.....

Guest DavidBusDriver24

Yea, thought that myself and tried replacing the SoftHorizons with FS Standard, and then Uninstalling FS Sky World, just dont want to uninstall FS2004 and reinstall as I have a lot of addons , but would it be possible to keep an old .cfg and then replace the default install scenery cfg with it? Try that possibly as I cant fly in lo-vis, and living in Britain that is rather unrealistic!

Guest allcott

>Erm the subject title is the main problem I am having, while>using FS2004 with a Radeon 9700 (I Think!), didnt seem to have>any problems until installing FSSkyWorld and Soft Horizons,>since then it has gone very sharp, and in low visibility the>terrain ends abruptly with no shading , and all autogen and>rwy/taxi textures go a very light grey! Also getting a lot of>flickering on buildings and aircraft>>Is this a driver or settings problem, if someone can answer>that would be a great help.>>Best RegardsTry searching on `table fog` and you'll find the post you need!Allcott

Soft Horizons doesn't touch the scenery cfg. It sounds like possibly the env bmps got wiped from where they belong. Please post a screenshot showing the issue and we'll go from there... :)Regards,John