Sign in to follow this  
JD396

Wrong aircraft-specific settings INI files loading

Although I have not noticed any issues, I just checked and found simliar incorrect state.cfg entries. Not unreasonable to presume they are somehow related to  aircraft installation (all of mine were been done using the PMDG Op Center).

Deleting and letting them rebuild does raise a question or two for me. What program/function, in or outside of FSX, uses these files and maybe we should just "ignore" the state.cfg files.

Kevin, Found your helpful comments on this subject from waaay baaack in Nov 2014.
http://www.avsim.com/topic/427250-livery-request-lufthansa-cargo-777-freighter/page-4

Regards,

Claude Franklin

As far as I know state.cfg is used only within FSX. It also records engine hours used by that type. I suspect that data might be used by the FSX logbook. It's possible some addons might use the data to simulate engine wear. If you are concerned about this possibility edit the file instead, deleting everything except the hours data.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Editing without deleting engine hours sounds reasonable to me. Thanks Kevin.

Regards,

Claude Franklin

For what it's worth, the NGX does not use this file for hours tracking. That is done in the INI file for the NGX (in the PMDG\NGX\Aircraft folder), or the HOURS file for all of the others (post NGX - PMDG\[Product]\Aircraft).

I'd check with other devs if you're wondering if it'll affect their products, but if you're only worried about ours, we do not reference those values.

Kyle Rodgers