Sign in to follow this  
citationjet

Problems with Nvidia Card detection in FSX

Ah!  Now all of the hidden truths come out.  Time to spill all of the beans about what you did to the laptop! :wink:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

What do you mean by "rebuild the laptop"?

Install windows 7 from scratch and then fresh install FSX, all drivers etc

Have you done a Goggle Search for "FSX laptop intel chipset and Nvidia graphics card not showing"?  Leave off the quotes!

Lots of different things out there with folks having the same issue.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Have you done a Goggle Search for "FSX laptop intel chipset and Nvidia graphics card not showing"?  Leave off the quotes!

Lots of different things out there with folks having the same issue.

Yes i googled since days about this issue but without any positive outcome

I know you mentioned, as part of your "rebuild",  that you installed updated drivers.  Is the driver for the Nvidia card the

same exact driver that was in there before the "rebuild"?  Just thinking that the new driver might be the culprit.

Charlie Aron

I know you mentioned, as part of your "rebuild",  that you installed updated drivers.  Is the driver for the Nvidia card the

same exact driver that was in there before the "rebuild"?  Just thinking that the new driver might be the culprit.

After install windows 7 i installed the orginal drivers (the older ones) and then the actual ones from nvidia

and then the actual ones from nvidia

And is that the driver version you had running before you rebuild your system?

If not then I would assume that your problems come from the NVIDIA driver you have installed lately.

Maybe you should try uninstalling this version - a freeware utility called DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) helps totally removing the video drivers and let's you start from a fresh point with just the basic Windows VGA drivers. From there I would suggest trying the original drivers from your laptops manufacturer (or if there are updated versions provided by the manufacturer try those) and then check with the manufacturer if its possible to upgrade to the newest general NVIDIA versions - be careful: NVIDIA has for most of its chips different versions for mobile systems, the so called M-Versions.

If not then I would assume that your problems come from the NVIDIA driver you have installed lately.

Maybe you should try uninstalling this version - a freeware utility called DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) helps totally removing the video drivers and let's you start from a fresh point with just the basic Windows VGA drivers. From there I would suggest trying the original drivers from your laptops manufacturer (or if there are updated versions provided by the manufacturer try those) and then check with the manufacturer if its possible to upgrade to the newest general NVIDIA versions - be careful: NVIDIA has for most of its chips different versions for mobile systems, the so called M-Versions.

Ok I will try that one and will report!

Michael you made my day. I installed the drivers with the DDU utility and installed "only" the nvidia drivers which came with the laptop. Now I can see the nvidia card in fsx. But now I need to be carefull which nvidia drivers I will install now right?

I knew it had to be a driver problem!  Wasn't anything else left! :wink:

Charlie Aron

But now I need to be carefull which nvidia drivers I will install now right?

Yep - best thing is to check if the vendor / manufacturer of your laptop provides newer ones or check its user support forum (if it has one) if there are recommended newer drivers.

I myself had a lot of pain with out-dated graphiccard drivers on laptops, too, because a lot of manufacturers use customized BIOS-ROMs for their graphics chips so one couldn't install the generell drivers provided by NVIDIA. I then changed my laptop and only use those kind of models that allow to install and use the original drivers directly provided by NVIDIA.

Ok I installed the latest mobile driver from nvidia for my card and again......Only Intel is showing up in FSX ;-)