Sign in to follow this  
hugopiugo

P3D Stutter when touchdown

Hi,

So I've been flying very well. The FPS are ok, everything is ok, except for this.

Basically everytime I touchdown there's a stutter, a freeze of less than 1 second, but it takes out the adrenaline of landing.

I believe this is a problem of sound and processing the sound files. The recalls of the cockpit when landing, 'Fifty, Fourty, Thirty' also makes it lag a little. I tried and hit 'Q' to take the sound off the game, and when I hit 'Q' again to turn it on, there's a huge lag. 

So I believe there's a problem processing the sounds. 

Has anyone ever had this problem? I've googled it but can't find any solutions.

I have a MSI laptop, GE62-6QE

Intel® Core i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M, 2048 MB

Windows 10 (HDD)

8GB RAM

What I tried already:

Pause the Antivirus (which is Kaspersky)

Set priority on Prepar3d.exe to High

Any of these made any difference.

Basically everytime I touchdown there's a stutter, a freeze of less than 1 second

I fixed my touchdown stutter by going into the effects folder and renaming  fx_skidmark.fx to fx_skidmark.OFF. No more stutter on landing. Hangover from FSX.

• Upvote 2

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I fixed my touchdown stutter by going into the effects folder and renaming fx_skidmark.fx to fx_skidmark.OFF. No more stutter on landing. Hangover from FSX.

Same answer. This is what I did too. Never have stutters.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Well, I've tried some times with the NGX and it doesn't seem to be as intense as before. The tests have been running well.

Although when the cockpit voice recalls "1 Thousand" there's still a little lag when those sounds appear.

And I've tried with a Piper, when I touched down, there was a HUGE lag... So I think It may have helped, but it didn't solve.

Wow, that really worked. Even in Prepar3Dv4.2 :D Now i can land enjoyable !

On 8/29/2018 at 2:03 PM, quint said:

Can you also delete it?

Move the file out of the directory and then you will find out if you can delete it, but more than likely, if one can rename it and nothing complains about it, then most likely you can delete. However, what if you wake up some day and find out you really need it for some new fangled plane that won't run without the default screech sound..... yes that too is probably unlikely.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's