Sign in to follow this  
medic89

Suggestions for Improvements on the T7

Hello PMDG,

I have two suggestions for improvements on your 777.

1. Is it possible to change the Could and Dark scenario in the FMC, so that the ground power is already attached to the aircraft? Whenever I begin in CLD, I have to perform the power up by starting the apu, attach the ground power and then turn the apu off again till pushback.

2. The Knob for the Baro/Radio is very slow. On the BGX you can use the mouse wheel to change it, and its very fast, on the 777 I have to press and hold the mousekeys and it tankes a while to change in a bigger range(I also perform RNAV Approaches, and it takes very long to set the radio to 500 on both displays...)

Thank you very much, Phil Tereny

PS: How about the fix for the taxi cam issue for P3D v3.5?

1. Is it possible to change the Could and Dark scenario in the FMC, so that the ground power is already attached to the aircraft? Whenever I begin in CLD, I have to perform the power up by starting the apu, attach the ground power and then turn the apu off again till pushback.

It's very easy to make your own panel state. Just change things to the way you want them and save a new panel state with a different name, If you it your default state it will always load that way.

ki9cAAb.jpg

As Kevin mentioned, the Intro Manual covers this. No need for improvement here.

2. The Knob for the Baro/Radio is very slow. On the BGX you can use the mouse wheel to change it, and its very fast, on the 777 I have to press and hold the mousekeys and it tankes a while to change in a bigger range(I also perform RNAV Approaches, and it takes very long to set the radio to 500 on both displays...)

As Michael mentioned, the Intro Manual also covers this.

I'm guessing you would benefit greatly from giving it a read. You're probably missing out on a number of different items having not read it. It's a perfect cruise read.

Kyle Rodgers

Guys I guess you got me wrong.

1. I know that it is possible to create my own panel state. But I'd like to have a panel state with a CLD situation and the gpu attached to the aircraft. Of yourse I can build this scenario, but when all the electronics are switched off, how am I supposed to save the panel state, when the FMC is also black?

2. This is not a performance issue. I know how to turn of either the captains or fo displays, but my point is, that when turning the knob, the changes of the value come very slow. When I change the radio setting on the NGX it takes me approx 3 Seconds to change 50 to 200. On the 777 I have to hold the mousekey for about 1 Minute to change the value to 500.

Sorry for the confusion, but unfortunately english is not my mother tongue, so it's a bit hard to write an understandable post.

Thanks again, Phil Tereny

how am I supposed to save the panel state, when the FMC is also black?

Press and hold the CDU MENU key. That enables the CDU menus to be used with power off.

ki9cAAb.jpg

But I'd like to have a panel state with a CLD situation and the gpu attached to the aircraft.

So you want cold and light, or in other words no air but yes on power.  Interesting. Unless parked at a gate, you normally don't see a GPU attached to an aircraft that is not using it.  At the gate, of course, both air and power are on during the turnaround.

I think once you learn how to use the FMC when power is off, as suggested by Kevin and mentioned in the Introduction manual, you'll be in good shape.  Please take the time to review the Introduction.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Phil,

I too found the baro knob to be slightly irritating to operate with the click and drag method. In the menu options under " simulation" if I recall correctly you can choose between realistic operation and using just the mousewheel to turn the knob. May not be 100 percent realism but much less hassle to rotate the baro knob in the sim environment. Hope this points you in the right direction.

I was not really keen on the click and drag before but now I'm used to it and I must confess that with a TrackIR and Ezdok, I find it much easier to use that having to maintain the cursor on the button to use the mousewheel. And actually setting the baro minimum to high values such as several thousand feet with the fast "detent" is much easier and much faster (scrolling  the mousewheel again and again can be tedious...).

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

1. I know that it is possible to create my own panel state. But I'd like to have a panel state with a CLD situation and the gpu attached to the aircraft. Of yourse I can build this scenario, but when all the electronics are switched off, how am I supposed to save the panel state, when the FMC is also black?

If what Kevin mentioned doesn't work, you can open the .sav file (in the PanelStates folder) find the line about the CDU being powered (can't remember the line name specifically, but it should be pretty obvious), and change the value from 1 to 0.

2. This is not a performance issue. I know how to turn of either the captains or fo displays, but my point is, that when turning the knob, the changes of the value come very slow. When I change the radio setting on the NGX it takes me approx 3 Seconds to change 50 to 200. On the 777 I have to hold the mousekey for about 1 Minute to change the value to 500.

If you click, hold, and drag to the right, it will change slowly. If you click, hold, and drag even further to the right, then it will increase more quickly. When it's on the "second notch" it actually changes rather quickly.

Kyle Rodgers