Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Ultimate Realism Pack v0.9

For some reason, my Reshade keeps freezing/crashing my P3D. I disabled it but now it doesn't look as nice. Anyone else having this issue?

For some reason, my Reshade keeps freezing/crashing my P3D. I disabled it but now it doesn't look as nice. Anyone else having this issue?

Did you installed P3D or unpacked Reshade in Program Files maybe? Program Files is a no go for P3D, I've got lot of complaints from users that installed P3D to Program Files.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

That's exactly why I don't use Reshade, or any other similar addon. Just a waste of time, in my humble opinion.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Did you installed P3D or unpacked Reshade in Program Files maybe? Program Files is a no go for P3D, I've got lot of complaints from users that installed P3D to Program Files.

Negative, P3D and Reshade are in a separate hard drive and separate folder which I have full access too. I never install ANYTHING into Program Files xD.

That's exactly why I don't use Reshade, or any other similar addon. Just a waste of time, in my humble opinion.

Cheers, Ed

Waste of time? I can't fly without ReShade or SweetFX, the sim looks not so good without them.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Waste of time? I can't fly without ReShade or SweetFX, the sim looks not so good without them.

Also, both Reshade and SweetFX don't help with FPS and VAS comsuption. That's why I asked you to implement a pack without any of those in a previous post.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Also, both Reshade and SweetFX don't help with FPS and VAS comsuption. That's why I asked you to implement a pack without any of those in a previous post.

Cheers, Ed

I'm pretty sure that ReShade/SweetFX doesn't affect FPS and especially VAS, at least on my mediocre machine. Post FX injector can't affect VAS in P3D, because its dll's are injecting outside the application. To be honest never heard that some post fx injector affect VAS. And I could implement some post FX via PTA, but there is one crucial effect in ReShade that change complete image in the sim (ambientlight effect), and that effect doesn't exist in PTA tool.

With these new shader tweaks (RSP/PTA), I have nearly eliminated the need for ReShade.  I now only use it at night and sometimes in the day for the Ambient Light effect.  Some of the ReShade effects certainly hit FPS....I believe Ambient light is particularly hard (I've seen a hit of 5-10fps).

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I'm pretty sure that ReShade/SweetFX doesn't affect FPS and especially VAS, at least on my mediocre machine. Post FX injector can't affect VAS in P3D, because its dll's are injecting outside the application. To be honest never heard that some post fx injector affect VAS. And I could implement some post FX via PTA, but there is one crucial effect in ReShade that change complete image in the sim (ambientlight effect), and that effect doesn't exist in PTA tool.

If you ever implement a realism pack without using Reshade or SweetFX I would be interested. In addition to previous posts, I can also say that SweetFX and ENB Series cause instability in some systems, and this is something frequent (please look at the Avsim CTD Guide v3).

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

Pe11e - any suggestions regarding in-sim HDR settings? 

I've included a screenshot of my prefered HDR settings in the pack. :)

My P3D is in program files. Should I refrain from using this then?

Historically, not a good place to park your P3D/FSX main folder. Preferably move it outside of Program Files, or better yet - to a seperate, dedicated disk.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.