Sign in to follow this  
vololiberista

Time out errors

I am trying to upload a new panel to the library and constantly get timeout errors just as the upload finishes. The success rate at the moment is about 1 in 10.

What is causing it? The connections my end are pretty good and in fact the only web site I ever have trouble with in terms of down time or delay is avsim!!!!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The library people really need to attend to the upload process which is totally antiquated, out of date and has never changed.

When I click on "I want to upload the above file" nothing happens at all!!!!!!

Except that I am astute enough to notice an increase in traffic flow on my modem. That is the only indication that the file is uploading. No pop up messages from avsim, nothing.

And when the file finishes uploading I am given a timeout error. Requiring the whole process to be repeated ad infinitum.

It is not the fault of my browser. I use Firefox 47 and in no way am I going to be forced to use IE in any shape form or manner.

Your upload pages need clearer indications of process and when it is all finished why are you breaking the link?

I am well within the file size limit too.

I need to know of another way to upload the files? Perhaps I could email them to you.

I would point out very strongly that this problem is ONLY with Avsim!!!!

Perhaps I should ditch Avsim altogether and upload on a more update sim forum!