Sign in to follow this  
jimimac

Mfd gps

Hi can I run mfd on a touch screen monitor do I have to map buttons or is there no need, i will be using the mfd along with the a2a interface, also I tried the link to download mfd manual before I purchase but the link doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks,Jim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi not too sure about adding maps if I get open street maps do I still have to add layers,

Thanks again, jim

I can use online streetmaps how do I do this if I can get this to work it would be a great addon to my c172 cockpit.

Jim

No, when you use online maps you cannot add any other layers. 

How to add online maps (like open street maps etc) is described in the user manual.

Hi I installed the mfd and I have a couple of questions.

1 I am using the mfd on second touchscreen monitor the mfd gauge is square my touchscreen is rectangle how do I get the gauge to fill the display.

2 online maps i understand how to install but not sure how to download to my pc so I can add them to the mfd.

Thank you, jim

1. The display is square. You can't stretch it or make it rectangular

2. 'Online Maps' are online as the name implies. You need an Internet connection, just like google maps. There is nothing to download.

Ok I thought the mfd was fully resizable but that's not a problem, but can't get open street map to display in the mfd even after selecting open street map in the drop down box I do have Internet connection.

Thanks,jim

Ok downloaded latest version, click on external map layers,then open street maps, box opens up select map layer file, where are the map layer files stored

Jim

For online maps its not really a layer file, more a configuration file. All of them are stored in C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\simplugins\PanelManagerPRO\NavDataGPSMFD.

Why do you need to know? Online maps to not save anything locally. Any chance of a screen shot of your external map layers screen?

Are you clicking [save] after selecting the Online Map?

Yes I just want to use online map not layers but I cannot see online maps in the drop down box just map layers so I need to know where the online maps are and how to select the configuration file, I must apologise but I'm not very computer savvy

Jim

Did you look in the manual? See page 14. The drop down should contain a list of online maps. All you do is the use the drop down under Online Map Service and choose one. Then click the [save] button.

There is no need to select any configuration files.

Do not add any shape file layers using the Add button.

Do you see anything in the drop down? What do you mean you see just map layers? Everything in the drop down is a online service.

Hi at last gps now working I did a full reinstall of panel builder a2a all is working, I notice that my gauges are not running as smooth as before even when not using gps I have my computers linked thru my internet connection is there anyway I can check to see if panel builder is set up properly thanks again for your patience and help

Jim