Sign in to follow this  
hqmurphy

New Bombardier Challenger 605

This is gold. The Slowtation will really depend on the price (not my favourite bizjet, but still desperate for a good one), but just because everyone goes bonkers about the FSLabs Bus I'll say it, I'll gladly pay $100+ for a study sim-level Challenger.

sig01.png

Hmm, not sure what you mean G but we are glad to hear of your interest. :smile:

What I mean is that over the years I must have purchased 50+ add on aircraft, some have been excellent, some good, some bad and some awful. Since I have just come back into simming and upgraded to p3d I am having to take a long hard look at what to purchase and what not to. Of those 50 aircraft, I would probably only rate 10 as excellent and of those 10 I tend to mostly fly the same two which are the NGX (737-700 in BBJ livery) and your Citation X v2, which is by far my favourite business jet (just got the Lionheart Lear, but too early to decide if that is up with those two). I still need to splash out on the NGX for p3d since I much prefer that platform.

So within reasonable price limits I would be purchasing both the 560 and 605, within the knowledge that (assuming your are selling on Flight one) if they don't come up to an acceptable standard (such as your CJ1+ v2) I can delete them from my machine and get refunded. Not in the position to blow money on add-ons that get filed in the rubbish, or even "can't be bothered" file any more....

G

• Upvote 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

It's the way things are going and many are willing to pay a premium for a premium product. I would rather pay $100 for a premium quality product than $50 for slapdashery

+1

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Not in the position to blow money on add-ons that get filed in the rubbish, or even "can't be bothered" file any more....

Ah yes, we have no plans to change horses mid stream so F1 License is what we use.. :wink:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Ron,

I most certainly will step to the plate for the C605, C560 and the X v 3. I am eagerly awaiting the release of all three projects. In the mean time,  I will continue to use the Excellent Citation X v 2 in PD3. I appreciate your information posts.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Fantastic.

Ron, Here there are some people who are not in FB...You have plans to put a Preview of Project page in your website like Carenado or a sub-Forum  like Aerosoft? I tried to find info about your projects in development and sadly only found it in FB (FB is locked in some intranets for example).

I hope that ESDG wont enter in the price spiral, a tag of 60$ for a Full Proline21 (with VNAV) and a load manager or a Fuel calculator should be reasonable.

It's the way things are going and many are willing to pay a premium for a premium product. I would rather pay $100 for a premium quality product than $50 for slapdashery

That is the problem, the solution is not raise the price tag for premium products. You will pay 100$, and surely one people would pay 1.000.000 $ but, here the key is maximize the profit. And of course, the problem is not in the Premium products side at all...Its hilarious pay 40$-50$ for a 3D model without simulated systems (or very basic systems). When some developers increased his price tags...and people paid...Hardcore developers thought that they lose money. 

But because some simmers had the bar very very low...they creates a price bubble...And then, until party is over...al people happy overpaying low quality products.

I hope that this Challenger would be a premium product. Hardcore simmers want premium products  but an affordable cost which maximize the benefit for the developer...It is a WIN-WIN

Tomás Fabada Castellana

Unfortunately though, premium products come with a premium price (PMDG)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I tried to find info about your projects in development and sadly only found it in FB (FB is locked in some intranets for example).

I hope that ESDG wont enter in the price spiral, a tag of 60$ for a Full Proline21 (with VNAV) and a load manager or a Fuel calculator should be reasonable.

We have the C560 and C605 information in our Support Forums, our Face Book, and eventually on our Main Website.

We can say that we don't do so called "Bait and Switch" and $60.00 won't come close... :wink:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I hope that this Challenger would be a premium product. Hardcore simmers want premium products  but an affordable cost which maximize the benefit for the developer...It is a WIN-WIN

How do you come to this -WIN-WIN conclusion ?

If you charge a premium product at an affordable price (ex $60), how are you getting a return on your significant additional development investment ??

The aircraft addon market is small,, you're not going to sell nearly enough units to make up for that sizable investment.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

We have the C560 and C605 information in our Support Forums, our Face Book, and eventually on our Main Website.

We can say that we don't do so called "Bait and Switch" and $60.00 won't come close... :wink:

Considering the CXv2 is $49.95 figured it would be more than that, just hope you don't price yourself out of the market.

G

Ah yes, we have no plans to change horses mid stream so F1 License is what we use.. :wink:

This is good.  I do have my share of difficulties with the wrapper system, but the refund policy alone will make me buy the XLS+ - I'm not too crazy about the aircraft, but I have a severe craving for a bizjet study sim and wouldn't mind a good one before the Challenger, plus if it turns out I don't like it, I'm not stuck with it.  Good plan.

sig01.png

Unfortunately though, premium products come with a premium price (PMDG)

Premium Product evaluation is best determined by the consumer...

Some may consider Cadillac a Premium Product while another may consider Mercedes Benz a Premium Product.

While pricing varies from one product to another, consumers will determine price to value at their own level of interest.

While our efforts represent true value to price, we are quite sure some will consider it not high enough, while others will consider it too high.

In all cases we are good with consumers making their own choices. :wink:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I'm excited, and will probably buy regardless of the price point. Historically, when an aircraft gets to this level of completion how many months remain? Key word is historically.

Cheers,

HM

Yeah Ron obviously has a better idea of WHEN hehe...  and it seems it might be some time before any of these amazing looking products RTM.

I'm most looking forward to the CL60 - but I don't think it's super fast.  Mach .75 is typical cruise - pretty slow hehe!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

From what I have read elsewhere the 560 XLS+ is alleged to be this year (there is a beta forum for that at least), the 605 some time in 2017 - but guess that we will get both "When they are ready". So we shall see......

G