Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Aircraft for South American foray.

At some time in the future I understand there will be a 'business' trip to South America. I'm in the process of doing some C-47 paints for such a trip.

First up:

bafinreal.jpg

bafin.jpg

This is what happens when it gets into the hands of someone sampling the cargo.

Sadly, this plane disappeared for real in 1990 heading for the Andes. The wreckage was found six years later.

Download link

Next up:

tagua.jpg

This ol' gal got into bad company and ended up thus: Somewhere in the Caribbean. Could have been worse, Iceland? 

taguacrash.jpg

Download link

More to follow.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

The Daredevil Pilots of Colombia. Al Jazeera Documentary (2011)

You might enjoy the now famous 2011 Al Jazeera documentary on the Colombian pilots who fly DC-3s from Villavicencio into the Amazon's dense jungles to supply isolated villagers with food and goods.

There are still about 100 DC-3s flying those routes. ".. the DC3s are one of the few models capable of dealing with the conditions over the Amazon Rainforest – a green hell that poses a danger far greater than storms or mechanical faults. There is no space for emergency landings in the impenetrable rainforest, which is twice the size of Texas. That is the pilots' greatest fear. Several planes have vanished into the dense jungle, swallowed up by the vegetation."

You can see it on the Al Jazeera website here (higher resolution). Or you can see it on YouTube here. Highly recommended.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

I think I've seen this. If it is the one, it's well worth watching again....and again.

Interesting, thanks for the info (and the paints of course..)

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Jankees did a paint for the aircraft featured in that film. DOWNLOAD it!

I hope he doesn't mind me posting his screenshot of it.

jk690.jpg

I've just finished this one:

4.jpg

DOWNLOAD

Has the download for the c-47 been removed? I downloaded it last week, just to find out that the zip-file is corrupted. Searching the library now does not return the v3-beta or any other file for the c-47 other than repaints.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Gunter,

Just checked and I found the required files in the SOH file library.

The download link to the Beta version 3 C-47 is here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=34&id=21645

Also, you might want to pickup the additional models at this link:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=37&id=21741

Jeff

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Thanks Jeff, but that link returns an error 404: not found...

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Thanks Jeff, but that link returns an error 404: not found...

Using Chrome the link goes to a blank page but the download starts.  Try this search link:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php?s=&action=show&page=1&pp=20&sort=N&beforeafter=1&catlist=1&desc=1&ents=1&keys=1&literal=1&search=c-47%2Bvirtual%2Bcockpit&childcats=1&sort=d

It returns a bunch of hits. The three models are the third link down and the full Beta version 3 is the last on the first page of results.

Good luck.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Further to the conversation on this trip about the F105 Thunderchiefs. THIS link provides more information about it's role and the politics behind it. Thought provoking stuff!

Oops! Wrong thread. :blush2:

This may well be the last C-47....For a while anyway.

allas1.jpg

DOWNLOAD. Quick, before they run out!