Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

VA PA Tour

VA PA Tour

Starting from Charlottesville (KCHO), the tour crosses the southern section of Shenendoah National Park and follows the meandering south branch of the Shenendoah river north along side Massanuten Mountain to Front Royal Virginia (KFRR).  The route proceeds to cross back over the Blue Ridge for a touch and go at Upperville (2VG2) before heading north to cross the Potomac at historic Harpers Ferry. After overflying the Antietam Battlefield we proceed to Potomac Airpark (W35) followed by a long leg to University Park at State College (KUNV).    The next stop is William T Piper Memorial Airport (KLHV) in Lock Haven, followed by a landing at Williamsport Regional (KIPT), then another long leg across the Susquehanna to Carl Spaatz Field  (KRDG) in Reading.  The final leg will take us down the Schuylkill river to Philadelphia where we will turn north  for the final landing at Philadelphia Northeast Airport.

The route is 380nm long and an aircraft capable of 180knts is recommended.  I will be flying the Shrike Commander  but as always you are free to fly what you like.

VAPATour.jpg

The flightplans for Plan-G and FSX as well as a "Pilots' Guide" can be found here.

The recommended payware scenery is FTX Global and FTX OpenLC North America.

Date and time: Saturday 20 August 2016, 1800 UTC

Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
Multiplayer: FSX Multiplayer (IP will be provided on Teamspeak)

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet! (linked
 here)

Note to Ron. Please set server time to 17:00 Local

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

That Shrike is a purty erplane. I think I'll look at that again....

8 bells o'clock in the afternoon watch. Aye aye sor.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

8 bells o'clock in the afternoon watch. Aye aye sor.

Revised Time so that we arrive in Philly with the lights on.

Note to Ron. Please set server time to 17:00 Local

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Great route this week. We get a chance to tip our cap to William Piper at Lock Haven. And then we drop by the world famous Mid-Atlantic Aviation Museum at Reading!
CS_KRDG_AC500S.jpg

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

For the Shrike pilots, I hope you have my autopilot fixes installed.

If not, contact me via PM, including your email address.

Bert

Is this GTN related Bert? If not, you have my email, if you would be so kind. :smile: Just bought it 30 minutes ago. Lovely sounds. 

Is this GTN related Bert? If not, you have my email, if you would be so kind. :smile: Just bought it 30 minutes ago. Lovely sounds. 

No, straight autopilot logic.. have sent you a copy (incl. factory manual).

Bert

Not too many pics during last weeks run. Was too afraid to hit the shutter button, or, for that matter, "ANY" button, on anything. The sim/computer did not behave at all! One of the worst sessions ever. It prompted a marathon 35 hour programming session to make a utility, once mentioned in the past, that I and maybe others, desperately need due to a low/mid powered system and not able to handle a crowded MP session. An initial preview is on the MP spreadsheet.

Mike touching down at Front Royal - Warren Co. (KFRR) with Jeff in close tow.

20Aug16_133213_N38.76564W78.32907.jpg?dl

Most of the group back taxiing at Potomac - Berkely Springs (W35). Either Bert or Gunter is rolling out. Hard to see, but notice that radio tower at the far end, just off the runway. Nice place to put it! It just may be a little closer than depicted in real life.. HMM.

https://skyvector.com/files/tpp/1609/pdf/05997G29.PDF

20Aug16_141006_N39.69318W78.16768.jpg?dl

"The" crew at the MAAM, Reading (KRDG). Myself in the RV, Stew in the Navajo; Jeff, Mike, Ron, Gunter & Bert in Shrike Commanders.

20Aug16_160430_N40.38098W75.96619.jpg?dl

20Aug16_160545_N40.38098W75.96619.jpg?dl

Oh sooo purdy. Back taxiing at KRDG for a One-Three departure. We stayed a little too long at the museum! LOL - We changed the time for some, so called :db: , eye candy.

20Aug16_161501_N40.38243W75.97521.jpg?dl

Nice flight regardless! Thanks for the setup Jeff!

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

That flight rated right up there with the best. :Applause:

And the night lighting was awesome flying into Philly.  Well done, Jeff and lads!

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"