Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

FSLabs A320 and Full Screen vs Windowed...

One question for the FSX / FSX:SE tweaking experts:

- I've read in one of the posts by the dev team that they advise using their new Airbus in windowed mode because full-screen can be more problematic.

Well, I've been using FSX:SE mainly in full-screen mode, with Nvidia Inspector for SGSS and VSync, and I get a very nice between 25 and 30 fps and 1/2 refresh rate forced in NI. I use FX:SE only for the PMDG 777, NGX and the A2A 172, 182 and Comanche and, when I run it in windowed mode the FPS do clearly drop tho the mid / low twenties...

How do you guys cope with windowed mode to get better performance ?

My only tweaks in FSX.CFG are the AffinityMask=14 and Max_Texture_Load=2048

Thx

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I don't know what windowed mode is. Every tool i need to run, i run in a secondary PC through either WideFS or SimConnect. Also, no FPS counters, no view icons (Aerosoft Airbus), nothing. Just me and the VC :)

In P3D, with the 980Ti and a 6700k at 4.8GHz paired with 3733Mhz DDR4 i get 60fps all the time (VSYNC + Limited in P3D) except in badly built airports like the ones sold as P3D compliant but compiled with FS2002 devkits...

The new AS2016 really really improved cloud performance, so it's possible to have 60fps almost everywhere and the experience is stunning.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Just watched your video. Well done, can't wait for part 2 :)

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Runs fine in full screen. No problems at all.

Great video, can you tell me the vas numbers the airplane uses up? I'd like to see if I can use fsx acceleration or if I have to get fsx steam to fly without oom's in big scenery.

In the PMDG NGX I can fly to multiple airports (no ai traffic) but in the 777 I have to struggle just to get from one scenery to another without an oom.

Thanks guys. To be honest I don't monitor VAS as DX10 seems to handle things better and it's a no brainer to me to get FSX SE as there have been some well documented tweaks under the hood too. And the once click install is a god send! 

The A320-X is on a par with the other big beasts in terms of performance and VAS, I'd say. You can see from the video that things are nice and smooth.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Thanks guys. To be honest I don't monitor VAS as DX10 seems to handle things better and it's a no brainer to me to get FSX SE as there have been some well documented tweaks under the hood too. And the once click install is a god send! 

The A320-X is on a par with the other big beasts in terms of performance and VAS, I'd say. You can see from the video that things are nice and smooth.

I have too much scenery not dx10 compatible, and if I move to steam I lose my loved RealityXP gps.

But seeing the traffic in the background of the airport makes me miss having my custom AI. Had to disable that to save on vas.

Do you plan on uploading the next part of the video today? I'd love to see the aircraft in flight.

Agreed! very nice video... Hope to see the rest very soon!

Makes me want to install FSX SE and purchase this - if I'm lucky enough to get through... 

(I really don't understand this 'first-come-first-serve thing. Seems like a fast-track to reek havoc on your servers...)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

WHat video ???

And thx fro your answers guys... Really have to consider re-installing the Fixer then ...

EDIT: Ok, just found the video :-)  Thx! Great video BTW!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Agreed! very nice video... Hope to see the rest very soon!

Makes me want to install FSX SE and purchase this - if I'm lucky enough to get through... 

(I really don't understand this 'first-come-first-serve thing. Seems like a fast-track to reek havoc on your servers...)

Or a good idea to limit the number of people that can use the airplane for their servers and support people.

Or a good idea to limit the number of people that can use the airplane for their servers and support people.

True...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471