Sign in to follow this  
Guest Knikolaes

HUGE improvement in Eaglesoft's SR20 Update

Hi guys,I was one of the many who purchased the Cirrus SR20 when Eaglesoft released it, but found it too hard on frame rates to fly often. I'm quite pleased to say that the new service release that they've made available today has really improved the experience, at least on my rig. The performance, with all gauges on in VC mode, is now quite acceptable, and I, for one, am gonna go nuts buzzing around the NW in this cute little beast!Just a heads up. If you haven't gotten the SR20 yet, now is the time! If you have it already, patch that sucker and be happy!(And no, I do not work for Eaglesoft nor do I represent them; just a happy virtual flyer)

Hi Bill,>>> And no, I do not work for Eaglesoft nor do I represent them; just a happy virtual flyer <<

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Since I returned my purchase for a full refund, can I get some more feed back from people who were having performance issues with moderate to high end systems? If the service release has resolved these issues then I will promptly repurchase this addon in a heartbeat. I really loved the plane but could not get a enjoyable experience with it flying in the boonies and landing at small fields.I'm looking forward to repurchasing this little beauty. :-)

Guest allcott

Tony, you're wasting heartbeats when you could be flying this beauty!No issues for me at all. Everything is better - load times are quicker, fps better. And whether it's a change on the model or just a by-product, the in-cockpit lighting seems better too!Allcott

>Tony, you're wasting heartbeats when you could be flying this>beauty!>>No issues for me at all. Everything is better - load times are>quicker, fps better. And whether it's a change on the model or>just a by-product, the in-cockpit lighting seems better too!>>>AllcottThanks Allcott and Bill Womack! We certify to you all the Bill is not affiliated with Eaglesoft but we do know him as a gentleman and a fine developer in his own right.Glad to hear that you guys are enjoying the SR20 G2 Service Release...we really did work hard to bring her to a higher standard:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I had severe stuttering. Frame rates were not an issue. Has anyone who had stuttering problems seen them eliminated with this release? Thanks.Bob... :)

>I had severe stuttering. Frame rates were not an issue. Has>anyone who had stuttering problems seen them eliminated with>the this release? Thanks.>>Bob... :)Yes, while no complex addon totally eliminates slight stuttering with complex scenery and weather, many already report that previous stuttering issues w/SR20 G2 are not an issue:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest IanP

I'm a lot happier with this version than I am with its predecessor, I have to say.I haven't found any information to this effect (yet!) but can you tell me if this release allows flightplans entered via the RXP GNS430 to be displayed on the Flightmax displays, please? I'm not expecting it to and won't complain either way... Just wondering?Thanks for the update - this aircraft will get used a lot more now. :-hahCheers,Ian P.

I think Flightsim.com is going to have to update their review... :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest BJK

Are Eaglesofts forums down again?Can not get in there for a couple of days now :(

>>Tony, you're wasting heartbeats when you could be flying>this>>beauty!>>>>No issues for me at all. Everything is better - load times>are>>quicker, fps better. And whether it's a change on the model>or>>just a by-product, the in-cockpit lighting seems better too!>>>>>>Allcott>>Thanks Allcott and Bill Womack! We certify to you all the Bill>is not affiliated with Eaglesoft but we do know him as a>gentleman and a fine developer in his own right.>>Glad to hear that you guys are enjoying the SR20 G2 Service>Release...we really did work hard to bring her to a higher>standard:-)>>>Good job on the release! I will be repurchasing her as soon as I can get my vertical market software out of the door(as the release date is looming over my head ;-))

There's finally a patch? Got to try it.I didn't have a problem with the actual framerate, but the whole sim would stutter (or more like lurch) once or twice every second. Very annoying, especially when landing. I also found the MFD's too dark and hard to read from the VC. For those two reasons, I've barely touched the plane since buying it. I didn't request a refund though, because I was hoping they would fix at least one of those two major issues.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

The saved, activated, and exported RXP plans have shown in the Avidynes from first release.Hint: Build, Save, ACTiVATE, EXPORT via Right Click of FPL button and voila..FP displayed:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

That's what we hear...the review will be reposted...:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>Are Eaglesofts forums down again?>Can not get in there for a couple of days now :(Reregister, clear browser cache and cookies...all will be well. If not email us:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png