Sign in to follow this  
Guest Knikolaes

HUGE improvement in Eaglesoft's SR20 Update

Guest IanP

I've just flown almost an entire flight from the VC with no stutters at all, even in poor weather and over dense autogen.It was worth waiting for. :-)Cheers,Ian P.

Stuttering issues were our highest priority and everyone seems to enjoy what they have now.Gauge darkness in VC in ANY aircraft is a product of what the sim provides and what direction you are flying as opposed to the sun.We did include great nightlighting in VC to help alleviate this issue.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>I've just flown almost an entire flight from the VC with no>stutters at all, even in poor weather and over dense autogen.>>It was worth waiting for. :-)>>Cheers,>>Ian P.Thanks Ian! This confirms our feedback from other users as well:-) :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest IanP

I think you have to load the flight plan through FS first as well, don't you? I remember reading in one or another of the forums I visit (probably either RXP's or Eaglesoft's) that someone would look into the possibility of directly displaying the flightplan without having to go through the FS interface.That answers my question - thanks. :-)Ian P.Ian P.

To help eliminate confusion...RXP plans may be built, saved, activated, and exported infrom their units to display properly in our Avidynes. You cannot IMPORT any plan into RXP units. This is as the real GNS.Eaglesoft GNS system allows any FS.pln format to be displayed by simply loading the plan from the FS Flight Planner menu. In addition the Eaglesoft units allow "on the fly" Direct To and Approaches to be loaded as outlined in the GNS430 instructions document.BOTH Eaglesoft and RXP plans have displayed in our Avidynes since day one:-)Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Good to hear, and quick! Very fast patch release, IMO.Even though she flies fine for me, I know it can't hurt to update!Thanks Eaglesoft!

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Chris, if you liked her before, you'll love her now. Be sure to check the EMAX Lean Assist feature:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

FS bombs at the "loading scenery" phase (at 0%) every time I try loading the revised Cirrus. Other acft work OK in same scenario.Cannot get into forums, either. Have deleted cookies, flushed cache...no worky.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Bob, what username are you using over there?Drop me a personal email.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Hi Bob, just remembered, try loading AFTER loading default 172 and let us know how it goes:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I just installed the update a couple hours ago, and found that loading the Cirrus from the "Create a Flight" menu would result in a crash (CTD), but only when Active Sky 5, aka ASV, was already running and paused for FS9 to finish loading.Make sure to always load the sim using a default plane from now on, then when weather updates and all is ready, switch to the Cirrus and let her load from the tarmac.Also, to display all the proper data on the MFD, go to the Nearest page and let the data load into memory for each item (e.g., VORs, NDBs, Intersections, Airports).Happy Flying!

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Ron; Thanks...switching to the Cirrus after the default 172 is up and running did work. But my default flight is a MSFS default aircraft (the B350)...not sure what's driving this problem. If you try to load the Cirrus with the "Create a flight" menu, it causes FS9 to fail every time. The forum problem appears to have resolved itself...I logged on this morning successfully...didn't do anything different than yesterday.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Glad to hear Bob...none of us had a "virgin" installation to test from. I can say that I can load from "Create a Flight" menu without incident.One custom RXP full.cfg builder contacted me saying his .cfg needed revision to play well with our SR20 G2 update and another user reported that Active Sky needed to complete loading before he could use the update. Still sorting this out.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest ScottPilot

I get the CTD without anything running except FS9. It happens when I select the aircraft from the "create a flight" page. Why is it necessary to load one of the default aircraft prior to the Cirrus???It didn't do this prior to the patch and I hope Eaglesoft fixes this issue.None of my other Eaglesoft aircraft cause a CTD and the cirrus didn't before the patched version.The FPS and smoothness seem better though.Scott :-)