Sign in to follow this  
DTG Martin

Steam Gauges vs Glass Cockpits Poll (Official)

Steam Gauges vs Glass Cockpits  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

Hi everyone, 

We are running a quick poll to find out which you prefer most, Steam Gauges or Glass Cockpits?

Cast your vote in the poll and leave us a comment to explain way. 

Thanks everyone,

- Martin 

I chose not answering this poll cause it doesn't make any sense. DTG new Flight Simulator can't give up any options that are already up and running in the old Flight simulators. It is not optional no pun intended.       

"Which do you prefer?

Steam Gauges

Glass Cockpits"

Ans = Both

Cheers,

I agree on this poll not making much sense. A new simulator naturally has to support both, so why the question?

I did vote though, and I like steampunk  :wink:

What I'd really like to vote for is that DTG goes back to making FSX-SE even better instead, now that we're seeing new great addons for it coming.

Sometimes it can be both, depend of the plane. For example I love the glass cockpit of the the Citation X and the steam gauges of the Lear 25 :wink: . One more entry like "both"could be good!

Cheers

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Depends on the aircraft and type of flying I want to do on any particular day.

What he said. I voted Glass to even up the voting but I think we should really have a mix rather than specifically one or the other.

Give people power to really test their personality.

I echo what most here have said: It depends on the plane and both should be included. I voted Steam because GA is mostly what I fly but I wouldn't want a 737 with steam gauges. GA should be steam and jets should be glass.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Um, Dave, that depends on the model of B737. The B737-200 Combi for example is all steam gauges, although some have had FMS "upgrades" over the past decade...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

yes, Bill. but I personally wouldn't want a 737 with steam gauges. I know others might. but Im not them so... :)

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.