Sign in to follow this  
Hypofx

MCP737-R

Hi,

Looks very nice product with decent price, anyone with some experience using it with FSX SE and NGX ?

Thanks

I use the MCP with the NGX in P3Dv3 - works perfectly.

No reason to believe it would be any different with FSX SE, as long as your simconnect is installed properly you're good to go.

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

I use the MCP with the NGX in P3Dv3 - works perfectly.

No reason to believe it would be any different with FSX SE, as long as your simconnect is installed properly you're good to go.

Thanks, one more thing, are you using as a standalone item on your desktop or you implemented into a cockpit the reason why im asking because i just  want to put on my desk and i dont know if i can secure to the desk somehow because if i press one of the buttons it could fail or does it have some kind of stand?

Thanks, one more thing, are you using as a standalone item on your desktop or you implemented into a cockpit the reason why im asking because i just  want to put on my desk and i dont know if i can secure to the desk somehow because if i press one of the buttons it could fail or does it have some kind of stand?

I have it mounted on an Obutto Revolution gaming cockpit.

2hp4lrt.jpg

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Hi sir, 

I have the MCP+EFIS and running FSX (steam) and 737PDMG NGX it works perfect!

I run the sim and VA software on one laptop. I also run the virtual CDU on a iPad and it all connects perfect!

Ps: it has no stand. But is has a solid casing. I suggested a desktop stand to VA  :smile:

For now I made my own stand. Just to aluminium strips and bended them and screwed the MPC to this strips. Its good for now.

Greetings

Maikel

I just bought the EFIS and MCP, I was lucky that as a special offer they included a desk stand.  It works beautifully and has 4 soft rubber feet, it sits on top of my Saitek instruments and is very stable.

The performance is second to none and it worked straight out of the box.  Excellent quality.

I use it with P3D.

I also use it with the Virtual CDU on my iPad.

Brian Crawley

HI Bcrawley57, can you show us pictures of the desk stand?

This is not a commercial product that is visible on their website is it?

I would love to have a nice fitting desk stand. The one from CP flight does not fit.

VA,  can you advise on this? Can we order the desk stand also?

Regards

Maikel

I spend most of my working day fiddling with one almost just like this. Good on you if you get it working just right. To drive airliners, we either use the CDU or MCP for nearly every selection except for radios. 

Placing it properly really makes a difference. It should be high up and offset for the best effect. However, as long as it works OK. enjoy!

It's a replica of the Collins MCP that was optional from about 2006 and a lot nicer to use than the older Honeywell unit, that was an evolution of the Sperry 300 from the Classic. I think the BAe RJ also used that.

Golden rules of flight with this unit;

Treat the MCP as the wish panel.  Any selection MUST be confirmed on th FMA at the top of the PFD screen.

If the panel has a light this means your selection wish is reversable. 

So, if speed is lit, you can push to turn off the speed lock. (you should see autothrottle go to ARM in white.).

If you arm VOR/LOC, if it engages and stays lit, you can de-select and it will revert to PITCH. if you arm APP, GS appears in white. When GS captures the lights go out. You can not deselct APP then, except to de-tune/re-tune the VHF nav box or by pushing TOGA below 2000ft.

When we say the speed window opens or closes, it's that the display is blank. This will happen when the FMS is driving the speed  or vertical mode in VNAV PATH for example.

In a GO around, TOGA appears on the FMA, the speed window is blank. Once the MCP selected altitude is reached, it will capture and the speed window "opens" or a speed is displayed. Now you can select.

It is very useful to operate the MCP with understanding and use it properly. Makes it a lot easier.

What's it doing now is never ideal....

Enjoy the fun!

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

Thanks guys  so much help!!! So they sell a separate stand for the mcp? would be good. OK now i need to make an order soon, so nice product and now i got some nice feedbacks.

Thanks again