Sign in to follow this  
Claudie42

Navdata 1609 of Navigraph

Unfortunately PILOT2 Atc he is not taken into account  in the list of software so since for a year that this issue is pending, and they are unable to resolve a technical problem, they is not really very talented! :spiteful:

Navigraph needs to outsource this p2a issue...its been going on for way too long

Rick

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

It appears that P2A is just too tough of a nut to crack for Navigraph. They don't even respond to questions about it anymore in their support forums. I'm going to get the Aerosoft Bundle instead.

NAX669.png

+1

I waited too long for Navigraph to deliver.

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

+1

I waited too long for Navigraph to deliver.

Amazing that after you and I said we were going to Aerosoft we finally got a response from the Navigraph developer. Apparently, Dave broke the baby when he came up with the format for P2A.

NAX669.png

Dave,

This was Richard Stefan's response.

"Hi gentlemen,

sorry for my late answer and this late status report ... I´m sorry to hear all of that and I worked hard in the last months to implement the format of the Pilot2ATC. Fact is, that I had set this addon "on hold" at the moment. The reason is, that our current parser aren´t able to support the format without any massive changes. I have tried a lot in the last 12 months. With and without Dave (the P2A developer) but nothing helped. Therefore we had decided to stop it now and to move this task to our new parser-project, which is still in progress. This new parser will allow us more flexibility. As you possible know I have started with the navdata service for approx. 20 years and since this time there where a lot of changes. We had changed the provider several times, we started with 7 addons now we have over 80. A lot of these addons are complex and have different formats. The development possibility was changed and so on and so on ... The addon Pilot2ATC has shown us the limit of the current parser and therefore the decision to develop a new one.

But this step isn´t a weekend job ... it´s a parallel task to the current monthly tasks, to the current bugfixings, to our real-world job and to our private life. In the last 10 years, we have never skipped a cycle - all cycles were delivered on time. We do our best, to support all addons and it´s not our intention to exclude developer and/or their addons. It´s now a chance for us to make something better ... and we will come back with Pilot2ATC, that´s for sure. 

Thanks to all for their loyalty, and it would be great, when we can see you again in the Navigraph community. Thanks a lot ..."

My real complaint isn't that he's having a hard time coming up with a solution, it was the fact that we were ignored for over a month without any kind of response. It wasn't until myself and another customer said we were moving over to Aerosoft did we get any kind of explanation.

NAX669.png

I started the demo today and ran smack into this issue at KIAD...the SIDs didn't match.  I do hope we get updated data.  I selected a SID that didn't quite match my navdata just to see what happened.  I set up the flightplan to depart 19C but it gave me 19L.  Is there any way to request a different runway?  I ended up having to taxi a long way and get out of the way of some jets going to 19C.  It seemed to handle the departure pretty well, but got an exception that shut down P2A when I was handed off to Center.  Scratching my head how much I can try.  It was pretty cool to be able to talk to ATC.  Might be a challenge to use effectively.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I think you can request your own runway choice if you check the option "Force pilot runway choice" (or similar).

That's good to know...I'll look for that.  Still, it would be nice to be able to say "72V request runway 23" or words to that effect.  They can say "Unable" but when you're trying to avoid a long taxi against commercial aircraft taxiing the opposite direction, it makes sense.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Gregg,

That's exactly what you do.

Check "Force Pilot Runway Selection" then when you call for taxi just say "72V request taxi to runway two three" and you will get RW23 assigned. 

Dave

Dave,

Does the demo not contain the Airac 1605?  If not, that would explain why I was having SID problems at KIAD.

Gregg Seipp

Never mind.  I reinstalled the newest version and all the SIDs were in order.  Good news.  Two things I've seen in 1.19 so far:

• I connected and went into Config to change my sound settings.  The tabs inside Config were gone.  I restarted Pilot2ATC and the problem resolved.
  • I was going back and forth from FP to Config (trying to figure out why no sound was coming through my headset, though I could see the text) and app bogged down...reloading the flight plan took a very long time drawing slowly. 

Gregg Seipp

Depending on the size of the flight plan, it might take some time to redraw.  That, unfortunately, is the function of the Windows control using to contain the flight plan. 

Hopefully you got the sound issue sorted.

Dave

Hopefully you got the sound issue sorted.

I did get sound sorted.  Not sure what the slowness was...not a big flightplan (20 or so fixes)...maybe something was going on with the controls.  I shut everything down and reloaded and then it was fine.  Hasn't happened since.  Newbies have a weird way of breaking things :P .

Gregg Seipp