Sign in to follow this  
Guest saudi_777

BA 744

Guest boeingba

Hi guys just doing a long flight from Heathrow to Riyadh King khaled international.... guys l`m having one small problem at heathrow... when l`m on the ground l get around 14 fps.. Maybe my video card settings in windows are wrong.. or maybe l have too many aircraft on the ground the Hard drive goes spastic... any thoughts? l have the image setting to high quality maybe l should change that also. l have my antialiasing set to 8s and anisotropic set to 8 my traffic is set to 90%.... l thought you guys could help...Pentium 4 3.4gig1 gig mem7200rpm hd satageforce px7800 gt 256meg extreme card anyway Thanks to all whom are willing to help. back to my picturehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/131974.jpg

Guest saudi_777

14 FPS at Heathrow???? Hah, that's a LOT better than what I get with my crap-@ss system!!!! :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lolAnyway, what scenery for Heathrow are you using, Gary Summon's Heathrow Pro? Or Gary's older Heathrow scenery, or are you just using the plain vanilla default FS2004 Heathrow? In any case, even better-than-average systems struggle at Heathrow, especially if Heathrow Pro with %100 custom AI traffic is used. In fact, you can consider Heathrow Pro with %100 custom AI to be a benchmark for testing the efficiency of any PC with FS2004. It's worth noting that Gary's Heathrow Pro V2 has much better FPS than V1. For one thing, you could try over-clocking your Geforce (be careful with that though, only do it in the proper way) plus reducing the percentage of AI traffic being displayed in FS2004, and reducing your scenery density as well.Going a bit off-topic, I'd really love to see someone make a detailed rendition of Riyadh's King Khaled International Airport (OERK), even if it's payware, or at least a Rwy12 scenery enhancement of it, with gates, light poles, ground marshalls and ground service vehicles around the airport, wouldn't that be nice???? :-hah :-jumpy ;)Regards,

Guest boeingba

it`s funny heathrow is the worst for me but when l`m in the air l get around 80 to 120 fps hehe and landing at other airports l get around 50 to 60 or even more... l like heathrow but it`s driving me nuts hehehe Thanks bud is garys heathow payware? thanks

Guest saudi_777

Anytime mate, and yes Gary's Heathrow Pro is payware, and a very fine piece of payware at that!! :D It's available here:http://www.s114327879.websitehome.co.uk/heathrowpro/I'm guessing that you're just using the default FS2004 Heathrow, then?? :) Are you using any kind of AI traffic with it, such as custom AI traffic or Ultimate Traffic, etc.??Regards,

Guest saudi_777

....Was screwing up, so I'm sorry for the multiple posts!! :)Regards,

Guest boeingba

hi bud yes l`m using default heathrow and ultimate traffic with PAI l`m flying at the moment and getting around 50 80 fps hehehe but it`s just that airport.... Thanks for all your helps bud... cya around

Guest boeingba

just had a look at heathrowpro it doesn`t work bud something else comes up? thx