Still Very Baffled With CTD's

System Specs.

Intel I7 6700K 4.0

Evga 970 GPU

16gigs Ram

Asus Z170-P MOBO

Corsiar 750 watt PSU

HT OFF

So I have been trying to fly a flight longer than 4 hours with the PMDG 777 with P3D and so far I have not been able to complete one without a CTD. Error logs have done no good to resolve the issue.

I did a clean install of Windows 7 from Windows 10 to go back to an OS that was very dependable on my old system.

I installed FSX-SE back in to my system and loaded everything the same and in the past 30 hours I have completed a round the world flight with 4 stops KSEA/EHAM/OMDB/RSKI/KSEA and not one CTD.

My settings on FSX-SE were at 75% with 50% traffic locked at 40FPS. My P3 settings I went all the way down to and average of 25% on the scenery sliders and an unmodified CFG. I have looked at VAS and never used more than 60% or 2355.

My thinking is it is either P3 or PMDG issue.  I would like to hear some discussions about this. I really like P3D but if I cant use it it has to leave my HD..

Thanks

Randy

• Upvote 1

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

What does the Windows error information look like? What AI traffic addon are you using, if any? I would first start with 0%/0% AI traffic and see what happens then. The next step if you are still getting crashes is to take a close look at dll.xml and see what DLLs are loading with P3d. Disable them one at a time (obviously not the PMDG DLLs) and see what happens.

This thread should also probably be moved to the CTD forum.

Same here. FSX worked like a charm, no OOMs ever. P3D 3.3.5 + NGX causes CTD on every flight. Not an OOM as free VAS >1Gb.

I agree with the source of the problem, but according to AVSIM it's not possible.

Logs point to windows resource exhaustion and virtual memory, in my case.

Thanks Jab

No AI traffic. I have had gdiplus.dll to nt.dll and most of the time no error codes could not be picked up by event or APPCrash.

I am not sure how to disable xml or how to find out what dll are being loaded. I am going to do another repair install and see if that fixes it.

I am now half way around the globe with FSX-SE.

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

A friend is having the same issue with the NGX. keeps getting OOM with plenty of memory free....and yes I realise it is an OOM if it can't get a big enough contiguous block of free memory.

My only guess is that something is fragmenting the memory to the point where you have lot of memory left but it can't get  the block it needs, so boom.

I've seen and fixed countless FSX and P3D problems for friends etc but this one really has me baffled. I'm afraid that it may be unfixable unless we can track down what exactly is causing the issue.  

Teamviewer thinks I'm using their software to make money because I helped out too many people  and have put a 5 minute timer now.  I have to find an alternate method of remote control to help him further troubleshoot this.

You should check out the AVSIM CTD Guide (see link in my signature) for posting AppCrashView reports or posting an Event View.  There are also suggestions on how to fix any crash.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim. Thank you for your continued reply's.

I have read the CTD guide and tried all of those suggestions. I have also learned that the errors could be errors themselves within the P3D platform.

I have slid all the sliders right till I can see molten lava and still it CTDS.  The fact I can fly 70k in FSX-SE says the issue is with P3. I wished I didn't have to constantly seek answers here but there is very little help on the LM forum. 

• Upvote 1