Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

FSX: FSL A320

Guest Mik75

YEAH!

I made it, I became an early adopter! ;-)

And after a little glitch during the install process (caused by a WIN Auto update setting), everything went flawlessly!

I made 2 short test patterns around EDDK in DX9, but performance was quite bad (12-20 fps in the VC), and VAS usage was huge (I got the FSUIPC low VAS dings just before touchdown of my 20 min race track flight).

FSL said, and even the installer advises you, that the DX10 mode, using Steve´s fixer, is the way better mode, performace and VAS wise.

So, I ran the DX10 fixer, made the usual settings, and did the base training pattern again. This time, VAS usage was still high (950 meg left upon touchdown), but much better, and the performance is ok now as well! (30-50 fps on the outside, and 12-30 fps in the VC view).

The FBW feels fantastic, its an absolute joy to handfly this thing! The FMGS is very complete, the A/P is super smooth and the fonts and colors in the DU´s are spot on!

And although I haven´t dipped too deep into the systems yet, the start up process with the DU self test, the sounds, and all the ECAM messages created an immersive experience de luxe! ;-)

So far, I got an "left eng oil temp lo, delay take off" advisory, anti skid/NWS off, and an non functional start valve with the corrresponding advisories, all the "glory" of the STS (Status) page, and so much more!

I absolutely LOVE this bird.

Here are some shots of my base patterns, right now I am on my first IVAO flight! ;-)

dbn96fbz005dl8ddr.jpg

dbn7cw05424yuvh6n.jpg

dbn7d5bazarjz91hb.jpg

dbn7ddzepbwk80atb.jpg

dbn7dmajyu5gvy27z.jpg

dbn7dtrwkvegf94n3.jpg

dbn7e362odsgh6u2n.jpg

dbn7eaxylvtz6xs5b.jpg

dbn7ejerd17ac4g5b.jpg

dbn7er7qsowosyv9b.jpg

dbn7eyxw35f4mwm9r.jpg

dbn7f6b2rlscnne7z.jpg

dbn7fefg0o4v8c69r.jpg

dbn7flje7a6wdy2m7.jpg

dbn8n4x9nhs7k59dr.jpg

dbn8nk9v7lp86gzpb.jpg

dbn8nsb2jdv9y4vjz.jpg

dbn8o4f0cnuuq0uyn.jpg

dbn8odaxnytxg611b.jpg

dbn8s3ltfun5ive0v.jpg

dbn7frjzt1ij0o8u7.jpg

I want to upload pictures. In the past I was able to but now I cannot!

Can someone explain me?

I have issue with MCP lighting. It won't work. I need help.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Very nice,,,,love the pit shots!

HLJAMES

Guest Mik75

I want to upload pictures. In the past I was able to but now I cannot!

Can someone explain me?

I have issue with MCP lighting. It won't work. I need help.

There is a rheostat, on the underside of the glare shield. You have to turn this small knob (hover the mouse above it and rotate the mouse wheel) to turn the MCP lighting on.

Nice pictures...but why another A320, the Aerosoft version is more then adequate. How about a new EMB170/175/190/195 (Wilco's version is junk) or maybe the A350 (we already have the B787 coming from QualityWings). Don't forget the "C" Series...

Darryl

Ps, I like the Embraer EMB better then the Bombardier CRJ!

Nice pictures...but why another A320, the Aerosoft version is more then adequate.

Darryl

The FSL version is more of a study sim aircraft rather than what Aerosoft version is. The Aerosoft version is geared to what a pilot will most likely encounter on a regular flight while this version models much more including failures.

It's really meant for two different crowds. For some the AS version is adequate and for those who want to dive in deep into systems then they'll need the FSL version. Kind of like Quality Wings vs PMDG.

• Upvote 6

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Darryl

Ps, I like the Embraer EMB better then the Bombardier CRJ!

A350 now there you go - that would be awesome and the QW 787 - man I want that now - looks stunning - this new FSL exterior is just not doing it for me AS version looks much better - just my opinion and whats with the fps is it really that hard on fps 

Rich Sennett

After watching both videos from Airline2Sim, I must say that I'm completely amazed by the amount of detail that went into this airplane. The sounds, the systems, mechanics, all that tiny mumbo jumbo that makes your experience in virtual cockpit so immersive is there! My jaw was on the floor for the whole time. Well done FSL, we have a winner!

• Upvote 1

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Bring on the A350 and 787! Now I would definitely purchase that!

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Guest Mik75

Yeah, this is not "another" A320 for FSX/P3D, this is THE Airbus for desktop flight simulation.

The startup from cold and dark alone, with its sounds and all the details, makes you feel like sitting in the actual thing, it's a whole different league.

Surely not for everyone, but for every serious study level sim freak for sure! ;-)

Great pics sir!  I think AS has a slight edge on the visuals but obviously these guys did some massive systems design!  I hope you guys enjoy it!

• Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |