Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

FSX: FSL A320

I don't know. Airbuses are so automatized that it appears a bit meticulous to dive so deeply into the systems. Sure, for training purposes that's vital, but my guess is that most flight simmers won't benefit a lot from the additional features that FSL provides compared to the Aerosoft version.

I consider myself a hard core flight simmer who follows amplified check lists and makes extensive preparations before each flight, but I mostly pick an Airbus when I feel like wanting an easy ride. When I want to have a challenge, I tend to use turboprops.

I will have to wait for the P3D version anyway, so I still have plenty of time to get excited about this release. However, currently I believe that I will happily continue to use the Aerosoft A320.

Peter

• Upvote 3

There is a rheostat, on the underside of the glare shield. You have to turn this small knob (hover the mouse above it and rotate the mouse wheel) to turn the MCP lighting on.

Thank you for your assistance! I wish you happy flying time with the A320.

I have to say that this airplane is quite easy to fly. But I am wondering myself if the descends are as automated as that of boeing?

You have to alter the descent knob yourself, to start the airplane to begin its descent. That is true just for airbus as for boeing...

But you only get the "pink ball" descent profile and the A320 does NOT begin its descent automatically, whereas a boeing will initiate the descent totally on its own.

Am I quite right here, that the airbus A320 in the initial stage of the descent is not as automated as boeing for the descent path?

The nice thing of the A320 is though, that when approach phase is activated, the airplane is a whole lot more automated than the 737 for instance! You can land without touching practically anything at all!!

I love this plane!

• Upvote 1

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

On the Airbus you have to start the descent yourself. In real life nobody uses that automatic descent Boeing and some other systems use anyway, so nothing new here.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

So, finally a "PMDG-like" Airbus for the "dead" sim :-)

This add-ons ave been prolonging the life of MSFS way beyond what most expected.

I am waiting for the P3D version because the best available visuals connector between my other tubeliner sim is for P3D only, and I actually have my all time preferred aircraft add-on for it - PMDG's 777 200.

I didn't get from their ( FSLabs ) forum if buying now for FSX, and then upgrading latter to P3D would grant both licenses as available for both platforms... and I really never run both at the same time - I always uninstall one of them :-) heheh

Now, if one of these days I win the lotery, I'll pay FSLabs to develop a version for Aerofly FS 2 :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I don't think so José. Each version should deactivate the other an so on.

What i really hope is that the upgrade price to P3D is something fair and not a ridiculous amount of cash like €50 or similar.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Nuno, even €50 would probably be fair - after all I payed a LOT twice for the PMDG 777....

And, as far as I can tell, the professional approach taken by FSLabs renders this Airbus a place in terms of PC-based Airbus flight simulation that is certainly not behind the Airlinetolls, much much more expensive, offer.

I would like to taste the inertia of the FSLabs bird. My unforgetable 1hr session at TAP's old A319/20/21 sim, and some 8 jumpseat rides plus the oppinions exchanged with fellow glider pilots that are also Airbus drivers revealed me the "lag" sensation of inertia of a true Airbus, as opposed to the "plastic" feel of most aircraft available for FSX. I confess I had that sensation, both visually and "by stick" in the Airlinetools FS 2 A320, which is uncomparably inferior in terms of systems modeling to this FSLabs masterpiece or even any other worth mentioning offer for FSX / P3D / X-Plane, but profits from a much better core flight dynamics model offered by that platform, compared to the good-old FSX / P3D... 

Maybe one of these days we can meet here at LPPT :-) Bring your laptop!  I'll show you PSX!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Just what i was thinking !

Yup. 12 fps is unflyable to me. I absolutely HATE the stuttering and hesitations that present themself at, say below 25fps. Being on final and having <20 fps is the kind of thing that has made me many times question this hobby altogether.. =)

That being said.. My god I hope this is flyable on my computer when it is released for P3D. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

There's an ''Early Adopters' subforum over at FSL, only requiring a regular registration and login, no validation of A320 purchase required.

They have been discussing the fps issue over there; judging from that thread I am fairly hopeful this bus will run satisfactorily on my system. (Will have to buy it first, though. )

Does this FSL Airbus A320 have an "all systems initialising" start option like the PMDG 737 NGX?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I was going to get the PMDG 747 for P3D when released. I may just pass that and get this instead. Haven't a clue about Airbus aircraft. All I've flown are the LDS767, PMDG 737 old and new (FSX), PMDG 747 old (obviously) (FSX).

Maybe this is the aircraft to jump to next.

In tandem with the A2Sim videos it looks like a winner.

Just need to tear myself away from NMS

Does this FSL Airbus A320 have an "all systems initialising" start option like the PMDG 737 NGX?

It does (and it isn't an "option"), and on my rig is only 4-5 seconds.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

That's good to know, Rudi. Even though I am not one of your "normal" customers (in the sense that I do not tend to use 90% of the systems functionality when flying this type of aircraft), I am always prepared to pay good money for the best simulation of absolutely everything (and that means stuff like the flight model, 3D model, sounds, VC, textures etc). That is why I purchased the PMDG 737 NGX, and I have never been disappointed with that. It would be nice to have a top quality equivalent Airbus in my collection, even if I only use it for low level VFR flights!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png