Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

FSX: FSL A320

Can you even see the wingtips from the cockpit of the real A320?

Maybe not a valid comparison, but in the PMDG NGX, you can't see them in the -800/-900, only in the -700/-600.

Maybe not a valid comparison, but in the PMDG NGX, you can't see them in the -800/-900, only in the -700/-600.

You can. And in the 738 you can see them as well.

Roi Ben

Fan boys need their wingtip fix you know. :)

I believe you have to press your head right against the window in the NG. Not just a turn of the head.

I use both the NGX and IFly 737. One has wingtip view. One doesn't. Neither changes my enjoyment in flying both.

I'd be interested in trying out this bird. Not a 'scarebus' fan though. But then again, I used to hate broccoli too. :P

Mark R

I can't see the wingtips from my seat position in the PMDG 737-600/700 NGX, but then I do not use any fancy VR stuff. That being the case, not being able to see the wingtips in the FSL Airbus A320 would be a non issue for me.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I can't see the wingtips from my seat position in the PMDG 737-600/700 NGX, but then I do not use any fancy VR stuff. That being the case, not being able to see the wingtips in the FSL Airbus A320 would be a non issue for me.

You care about 1000 things that they simulate and you will never see or use in 100000 hours of flying but simple thing as seeing the wing as it seen from the cockpit dosnt matter to you... 

• Upvote 1

Roi Ben

For me the Aerosoft version will suffice being that I'm not much of an Airbus fan anyway.  I just can't get excited about this AND the visuals could be better for a $100 add-on.  Of course, the Maddog visuals are very dated but I still feel the realism come through big-time on that plane.

• Upvote 2

I use both the NGX and IFly 737. One has wingtip view. One doesn't. Neither changes my enjoyment in flying both.

Both  the ifly and the pmdg  have wingtip views. In the ifly you really have to press the nose against the window to see them but they are there..

Guest Mik75

Well, for everyone for whom missing wing tips from the flight deck are a show stopper, fair enough, but you'll definitely miss a fantastic flight simming experience!!

And come on, I like the Maddog, but you cannot compare it's dated visuals to the top notch modelling and texturing of the FSL Airbus!

Well, for everyone for whom missing wing tips from the flight deck are a show stopper, fair enough, but you'll definitely miss a fantastic flight simming experience!!

And come on, I like the Maddog, but you cannot compare it's dated visuals to the top notch modelling and texturing of the FSL Airbus!

No disrespect Mike - but FSLabs from what I've seen is not better looking than the AS version at least from the videos and pics I've seen - I luv my eye candy 

Little confused with some posts on the screen being windowed mode or something whats that all about and how is this situation being applied in a P3D version - any clarification would be welcomed 

Also anything lower than the fps I have in AS version I would have to think very hard on this purchase - not bashing looking for clarification 

• Upvote 2

Rich Sennett

Guest Mik75

No disrespect Mike - but FSLabs from what I've seen is not better looking than the AS version at least from the videos and pics I've seen - I luv my eye candy

Little confused with some posts on the screen being windowed mode or something whats that all about and how is this situation being applied in a P3D version - any clarification would be welcomed

Also anything lower than the fps I have in AS version I would have to think very hard on this purchase - not bashing looking for clarification

It might not be better than the AS version, visually, but then again, the AS Airbus is one of the best looking a/c addons around, right?

But the night lighting of the AS is just on or off, while the FSL is as real as it gets in that department. And the same stands true for the sounds. So, systems and FBW aside, the FSL Airbus gives me (personally) a MUCH better simming experience and immersion than any other Airbus addon available.

And on my dated system, the fps are just a tiny bit worse than what I get with the AS Airbus!

Don't get me wrong, everybody has a different taste, different needs and expectations, when it comes to flight simming. And that's totally fine!

But for everyone who is interested in tube liners and their realistic operation, the FSL Airbus is a must have, it's simply a game changer! It doesn't get any better in FSX (or P3D), Airbus wise!

It might not be better than the AS version, visually, but then again, the AS Airbus is one of the best looking a/c addons around, right?

But the night night lighting of the AS is just on or off, while the FSL is as real as it gets in that department. And the same stands true for the sounds. So, systems and FBW aside, the FSL Airbus gives me (personally) a MUCH better simming experience and immersion than any other Airbus addon available.

And on my dated system, the fps are just a tiny bit worse than what I get with the AS Airbus!

Great review Mike - thanks Buddy - any thoughts on screen state you have to use as I just got a 4k monitor that Rob's been telling me to get for ages and again he is right lol - thank you

Rich Sennett

Guest Mik75

Great review Mike - thanks Buddy - any thoughts on screen state you have to use as I just got a 4k monitor that Rob's been telling me to get for ages and again he is right lol - thank you

Cheers, buddy!

I am running it at 1920 * 1080.

And VAS usage is a critical point with this addon. So in FSX, anything above this resolution might become a problem, especially when using a lot of 2k or even 4K textures.

On my flights (online, out of and into demanding payware sceneries), I haven't had any FSUIPC low VAS warnings in DX10 so far.

I am pretty sure, the P3D version won't have any issues with VAS!

Cheers, buddy!

I am running it at 1920 * 1080.

And VAS usage is a critical point with this addon. So in FSX, anything above this resolution might become a problem, especially when using a lot of 2k or even 4K textures.

On my flights (online, out of and into demanding payware sceneries), I haven't had any FSUIPC low VAS warnings in DX10 so far.

I am pretty sure, the P3D version won't have any issues with VAS!

Thank you Mike - so I still use the full screen mode I currently use - thought I read you need to be in windowed mode to get acceptable fps ?

Rich Sennett

Guest Mik75

Thank you Mike - so I still use the full screen mode I currently use - thought I read you need to be in windowed mode to get acceptable fps ?

I can't say anything about that, Rich!

I always fly in windowed mode, makes switching between all the apps a bit easier, in my opinion.

I'll try switching to full screen mode on my next flight to find out about it, if I remember it! ;-)