Sign in to follow this  
Bill Alderson

Very Confused

I've been flying P3D v3 for about a month now and, for the most part, I like it.  Although it seems that I spend most of my time setting something up (which generally take up a good portion of the day) but sometimes I actually manage to get a whole flight in. ;)

I have the P3D v3 version of A2A's Comanche and 182 Skylane.  Everything was running just fine until I decided to install A2A's 5_9_16 update yesterday.  Now it seems that all my controls have reset themselves to default values. My Saitek throttle no longer works  as it's supposed to and now every time I move it, it moves my yoke instead of the throttle.  This happens on all my aircraft; not just the A2A aircraft.

It seems that I had similar issues, not being able to get my throttle to work correctly, when I first installed this program but I can't remember how I fixed them.  Any ideas?

Thanks....

Bill Alderson

You need to consider purchasing the registered version of FSUIPC. You won't have to worry about loosing your control profiles if your individual profiles for each aircraft are saved in FSUIPC.

I second that, new sim install in a new PC, all I need to do is drop a copy of my saved FSUIPC.ini into the Modules (FSUIPC) folder and I am good to go.  No hassle what so ever.

\Robert Hamlich/

I second that, new sim install in a new PC, all I need to do is drop a copy of my saved FSUIPC.ini into the Modules (FSUIPC) folder and I am good to go.  No hassle what so ever.

When peter makes a new version ?

Do you still copy ? or just copy paste the control section ?

Thanks

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Now it seems that all my controls have reset themselves to default values. My Saitek throttle no longer works  as it's supposed to and now every time I move it, it moves my yoke instead of the throttle.  This happens on all my aircraft; not just the A2A aircraft.

That used to happen to me too - never found out why. Once you get your controls back the way you want, make sure you export your set up from P3D and save it. If it ever happens again, all you have to do is import your saved controls.

Mario Di Lauro

You need to consider purchasing the registered version of FSUIPC. You won't have to worry about loosing your control profiles if your individual profiles for each aircraft are saved in FSUIPC.

I've been using a registered version of Pete's FSUIPC since he went payware many years ago and every freeware version before that.  Unfortunately, that's kinda like closing the barn door after all the animals escaped; i.e. not much help to me at this moment in time and not the problem.

What I need to know now is: How can I convince the sim that the throttle is NOT the yoke?  Once I get past that little problem, can I then program the throttle and everything else through FSUIPC.  I had this problem when I first installed P3D and don't remember how I fixed it but fix it, I did.  :wink:

Bill Alderson

I know it obvious but did you go into the sim and reassign the axis settings for each device?

Also back to FSUIPC - just disable joysticks in sim, assign them in FSUIPC and the sim will not confuse the axis assignments.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I know it obvious but did you go into the sim and reassign the axis settings for each device?

Also back to FSUIPC - just disable joysticks in sim, assign them in FSUIPC and the sim will not confuse the axis assignments.

Vic

Hi Vic,

If you mean the little check boxes in the axis tab in the control menu (ailerons, elevator, etc.)?  Yes......now.  I forgot to do that before.  :fool:    And I have my throttle back after setting everything up in FSUIPC. :smile:    However, when you mention  disabling the joysticks (I assume that you're talking about unchecking the box in the Controls section of P3D?), when I do that, everything is disabled in both the sim and FSUIPC.  But things work as long as the checkbox remains checked.  Am I doing this right?  Wouldn't surprise me if I wasn't.  :wink:

Thanks for your help so far.

Bill Alderson

Hi Bill - you're in between. IMHO, the most efficient way is to use FSUIPC for everything. To do that - you disable all the joysticks ( uncheck box in controls) - then follow the tutorial linked below to program ALL your devices and buttons in FSUIPC.

The reading of it takes longer than actually doing it. And you have a lot of flexibility.

Just as a fyi - I have a ch yoke, ch throttle quadrant, ch rudders and a saitek x55 HOTAS system all plugged ion to my system. I have set up profiles in FSUIPC so that when I load an a/c that uses a stick, the HOTAS is selected - load a tubeliner and yoke is selected.

Have fun,

Vic

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/63177-simsamurais-fsuipc-tutorial-updated-18th-jan-2010/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi Bill - you're in between. IMHO, the most efficient way is to use FSUIPC for everything. To do that - you disable all the joysticks ( uncheck box in controls) - then follow the tutorial linked below to program ALL your devices and buttons in FSUIPC.

The reading of it takes longer than actually doing it. And you have a lot of flexibility.

Just as a fyi - I have a ch yoke, ch throttle quadrant, ch rudders and a saitek x55 HOTAS system all plugged ion to my system. I have set up profiles in FSUIPC so that when I load an a/c that uses a stick, the HOTAS is selected - load a tubeliner and yoke is selected.

Have fun,

Vic

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/63177-simsamurais-fsuipc-tutorial-updated-18th-jan-2010/

Thanks Vic,

Reading it now.  FWIW, I have a CH Products Flight Stick Pro and CH Rudder pedals.  Also the Saitek throttle quadrant, Cessna Trim Wheel and Switch Panel.

Looks like my evening is pretty much taken care of.  :wink:

Thanks again.

Bill Alderson

Thanks Vic,

Reading it now.  FWIW, I have a CH Products Flight Stick Pro and CH Rudder pedals.  Also the Saitek throttle quadrant, Cessna Trim Wheel and Switch Panel.

Looks like my evening is pretty much taken care of.  :wink:

Thanks again.

That pdf is good a guide but there is a major "mistake" in his method of assigning the JS POV HAT switch.

Rather than assigning it as a series of button switches as the pdf says, it should just be assigned as an axis.

This will maintain the smooth panning you get with in-sim assignment.

Perhaps FSUICP has added this feature since that guide was written in 2010?

I would also recommend initially leaving ALL configuration options at default.

A lot of them seem to be unnecessary these days or actually harmful to third party add-ons

and will make no difference anyway if you are just calibrating in FSUICP.

gb

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

That pdf is good a guide but there is a major "mistake" in his method of assigning the JS POV HAT switch.

Rather than assigning it as a series of button switches as the pdf says, it should just be assigned as an axis.

This will maintain the smooth panning you get with in-sim assignment.

Perhaps FSUICP has added this feature since that guide was written in 2010?

I would also recommend initially leaving ALL configuration options at default.

A lot of them seem to be unnecessary these days or actually harmful to third party add-ons

and will make no difference anyway if you are just calibrating in FSUICP.

gb

Yeah, I finally caught that after doing it the hard way a couple of times. The POV works fine now.

I almost got it.  Everything is set except for the Cessna elevator trim wheel.  I originally had it setup and it worked fine (that's actually the only control I was using in FSUIPC)..  Somehow I must have changed it while working on the other controls because I now can't get Peter's program to even recognize it anymore.  

I'm probably tired; I have been setting things up all evening.  I'll try it again tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

Bill Alderson

Yeah, I finally caught that after doing it the hard way a couple of times. The POV works fine now.

Good stuff.

One proviso though. You might eventually come across and a third party program that needs controllers to be enabled in the sim for it to work.

One such is Opus Software's Live Camera where you cannot assign a button to a camera without controllers being enabled in-sim.

gb

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I almost got it.  Everything is set except for the Cessna elevator trim wheel.  I originally had it setup and it worked fine (that's actually the only control I was using in FSUIPC)..  Somehow I must have changed it while working on the other controls because I now can't get Peter's program to even recognize it anymore.  

I'm probably tired; I have been setting things up all evening.  I'll try it again tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

For the A2A trim adjustment the best thing to use is the A2A input configurator that comes with the A2A aircraft. It gives you a much much better trim wheel behavior than either FSUIPC or the trim in FSX-P3D.   

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Good stuff.

One proviso though. You might eventually come across and a third party program that needs controllers to be enabled in the sim for it to work.

One such is Opus Software's Live Camera where you cannot assign a button to a camera without controllers being enabled in-sim.

gb

Don't use a lot of things like that but  I'll keep it in mind.  Thanks.

For the A2A trim adjustment the best thing to use is the A2A input configurator that comes with the A2A aircraft. It gives you a much much better trim wheel behavior than either FSUIPC or the trim in FSX-P3D.   

I gotta tell ya, I'm beginning to wonder if all this FSUIPC stuff is worth the trouble.  I finally tried a flight in the A2A C182 this morning and darn near killed myself!  The controls were all over the place and for some reason, the Cessna trim wheel ,that worked so well before I began moving all my controls over to FSUIPC, jumps to full trim up after about half a turn.  Trimming down work's fine but slow.  But, as it stand right now, it's unusable.  I don't know. 

Bill Alderson