Sign in to follow this  
Mithras

GSX - Military Vehicle Repaint

Can someone with a brain bigger than mine please help! I'm trying to add an army green pushback truck to GSX. I have found an unused paint within the vehicle folder called 02_armygreen (Simobject - Misc - FSDT_Pushback_02), but my attempts to get this to show up at EGXW or any EGX... airport have failed. I simply get options at this RAF base for easyJet, BA etc...

I'm not much of a programmer .. I fear this is too difficult for me to crack. I have read both the GSX and GSX Repaint manuals to no avail. 

Your probably better off asking Umberto at the FSDT forum for guidance.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I've been there in the past "this has been asked many many times before, you must read the manuals, it is alll in there!!" is what I predict he will say. However, I did post this thread up on the GSX board as well... just in case!

I am not at my flight sim computer but each repaint has a specific airline code. What does the .cfg file in that folder say for the military repaint? For example United pushback truck has UAL and codes for airports like K so each airport code starting with K is available.

I've been there in the past "this has been asked many many times before, you must read the manuals, it is alll in there!!" is what I predict he will say. However, I did post this thread up on the GSX board as well... just in case!

I checked for all your previous posts on our forum, and the only ones I could find were these:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11618.msg89164.html#msg89164

The thread clearly shows you have been throughly followed, up to the resolution of the problem, so I really cannot see how you could say that.

Now, to reply to your question, I don't think you can use that repaint just yet, because is not active in the current version. We added a new feature to override the parking codes for the operator in the latest update, but these repaints are a bit special, since they don't have any parking codes, which means they'll need a special treatment from GSX which is not there yet.

I posted the same reply on FSDT forum, which might be useful to someone.

In fact, it was mostly useful to us, since we just realized these generic repaints has been left out. Usually, most users want to use custom repaint with a proper airline code, which explains why nobody brought it up until now.

There's quite a clamour I feel for some kind of military type vehicle, if only for pushback and if only in that unused 'army green'.

The thread clearly shows you have been throughly followed, up to the resolution of the problem, so I really cannot see how you could say that.

Umberto, my comments were an observation that you seem to be answering a lot of the same questions again and again, and sometimes in the forums your frustration shows. GSX is fantastic, the animations are brilliant and your work is awesome. You are always on the forums as well, but I think it might help the forum to have a sticky post, perhaps Common Questions or FAQ. My experience of coatl and the help you've given me has been great.