Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

XtremePrototypes Classic GLJ 25 SE Review

Did you buy it HighBypass? Thought you had a type in lears? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Looking at the web site, I had decided to pass on this because the images didn't make it look all that great, but now after seeing your pics I have changed my mind, and will be picking it up tonight.I worked the 20 Series Lears when I worked for Clay Lacy at HWD (Hayward Ca) back in the mid to late 80's, and really enjoyed them.

Now, ya'll do know the connection to that 8-Track tape player and the Lear don't you????

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Stereo 8 (8-Track tape player) was created in 1964 by a consortium led by Bill Lear of Lear Jet Corporation along with many others companies, so Bill wanted to make sure all his Lear Jets had 8-track players in them.

• Upvote 2

Wow, very impressed with the VC texturing, and modelling of the gauges. Nice job Ryan.

And I absolutely love the (few) aircraft add-ons that let you listen to your WAV files, in flight!  You can do it with the Flight 1 Citation Mustang, the vFlyteair Cherokees in X-Plane, and a couple of others.   I might seriously pick this one up, knowing that you can play files in that way.   Breaks the monotony of the cruise, and as I fly in full screen mode, I prefer to play music in this way, rather than using Media Player / VLC, etc in the background.

I owned the V1 of this aircraft back in the day - wow what a step up.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

Excellent pics! Very tempting.  :smile:

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Looks like it is a little rough on performance (not sure why it's all analogue!)  But you only notice when you're near bad weather and high end addon scenery.

edit:  Ok yeah when I said a little rough I meant really rough.  And I notice all the time because I fly my payware planes with my payware scenery.

Quick number compare (same scenery, same weather, reboots in between, avionics on)

Default F22: 75 fps

Carenado C550 (typical fps hog): 45 fps

XP Lear 25: 40 fps

yikes!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thought you had a type in lears? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else

Sadly, someone else Ryan. No type rating in any aircraft, although I'm a recent member of the local gliding club and carried out a couple of landings so far in K13 gliders. Bonus is they can re-use the aeroplane AND the instructor!  :dance:  :P

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Hi: I purchased this plane last night but there is a problem that prevents me from using it.  In virtual cockpit mode, I get a lot of flashing, jagged artifacts that blot out the instrument panel.  It is the exact same problem I had with the A2A Texan when it was first released.  There were others who experienced the same with the Texan, and A2A fixed this issue somehow in the "mdl" file.  I use P3D Ver. 3.3 and Windows 10.  I sent a support ticket to Xtreme Prototypes, but if anyone has contact with the publishers, you might let them know that A2A may be able to offer advice on this problem. I hope they fix this soon as I can't use the plane at all.  Mike Gutierrez, North Hollywood, California.

Michael Gutierrez. North Hollywood, California

In virtual cockpit mode, I get a lot of flashing, jagged artifacts that blot out the instrument panel

Did you change the config file as per the manual? It's a known issue in P3D.

Ryan

Ryan...thanks for the heads up on this one, it looks great and I'm really enjoying it. The texturing is top notch and the systems are good too.

Ryan

The only thing that needs work is the floor and seat textures.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Is this a new release?

I don't recall seeing it mentioned anywhere else, given the interest in Lears these days.

Cheers,

Mark

Yes it's new

Just a lesser known company without any fanfare

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |