Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

XtremePrototypes Classic GLJ 25 SE Review

Can someone tell me what page in the manual talks about changing the config file for P3D?

I also have the flashing problem mentioned above.

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

Manual_page142

Until this fix becomes available, you will need to modify one line in the “Prepar3D.cfg” file in order for your GLJ Model 25 SE addon for P3Dv3 to display properly in the sim.

To solve this until a fix is available, you will need to modify the "Prepar3D.cfg" file located in "C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Mar-tin\Prepar3D v3". It is not Xtreme Prototypes' policy to modify the user's "Prepar3D.cfg" file during the installation process. So this needs to be done manually by the user.
[sIM]
SYSCLOCK=0
OPTIMIZE_PARTS=0

Thanks for that clarification. I was looking at the free manual on their website, not the purchased one which is much larger.

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

almost forgot: GTN mod - First run the F1 gauge config for the Lear 25, then... find this entry in the panel.cfg and just use the line I have at the bottom.

[Vcockpit03]
Background_color=36,36,36
size_mm=1024
visible=1
pixel_size=1024,1024
no_luminous=1
texture=$GLJ25_02_G_C
//gauge00=Lear_45_XML!PFD,248,119,536,800
gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750,248,119,536,600,UNIT1.VC

I have two panel.cfg's I've tried on both and I havent had any luck, any additional tips for this?

Thanks.

nisx have you "First run the F1 gauge config for the Lear 25". Just checking. Got no ideas apart from that.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I have two panel.cfg's I've tried on both and I havent had any luck, any additional tips for this?

I copied what Ryan provided and pasted is over the "First optional panel" section.  The default optional panels were rubbish anyway imo.

Ryan

Just installed this aircraft. Very, very nice job.

Doesn't have that rocket tendency when taking off like the Lionheart 24 but that's fine.

Anyone figure out how to extinguish the cabin altitude warning light? Can't find anything in the docs regarding this (yet).

Cheers,

Mark

I copied what Ryan provided and pasted is over the "First optional panel" section.  The default optional panels were rubbish anyway imo.

Thanks rjack1282, got it working.

why why why didn't they offer GTN/REX WX Advantage VC integration?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Don't know why but the hidden cyclable 2d panels makes it fine for me

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just installed this aircraft. Very, very nice job.

Doesn't have that rocket tendency when taking off like the Lionheart 24 but that's fine.

Anyone figure out how to extinguish the cabin altitude warning light? Can't find anything in the docs regarding this (yet).

Cheers,

Mark

Have you set the cabin alt knob to your cruise alt and is the selector set to AUTO?  Also check bleed air is on or auto can't recall at the moment.  Default is off i think.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

They did an outstanding job in this aircraft.  It is a real beauty.

For a long time we didn't have a LearJet at all.  Now we have a few, but this is the best.

I purchased it as well. Very nice plane, my favourite bizjet actually :)

It's a hassle we have to disable OPTIMIZE_PARTS, because the performance hit is significative. Would be great they include an optional model to avoid the bug (may be a cockpit only, removing the cabin objects ?)

Besides that, i noticed that GTN 750 suffers same problem than first versions of Flysimware planes: it looks very dark during day and too dark at night. Any idea to fix it ?

They did an outstanding job in this aircraft. It is a real beauty.

For a long time we didn't have a LearJet at all. Now we have a few, but this is the best.

I've been happy with Flysimware 35 since launch and the development / support has been outstanding.

However. I've always felt the outside textures looked a bit basic and the vc textures weren't perfect.

At first glance the website images of the VC look great and Ryan's selection look stunning.

Before laying out $40 on 'another Learjet' I'd appreciate someone with both offering a few comparisons?

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

I've been happy with Flysimware 35 since launch and the development / support has been outstanding.

However. I've always felt the outside textures looked a bit basic and the vc textures weren't perfect.

At first glance the website images of the VC look great and Ryan's selection look stunning.

Before laying out $40 on 'another Learjet' I'd appreciate someone with both offering a few comparisons?

The xtreme prototypes flight dynamics are superior. The flysimware 35 has the default Lear 45 flight dynamics that are slightly tweaked. I've tweaked them myself to get it as close as possible to the real thing from a pilot that was advising me.

The VC seems to be quite a bit clearer with the XP Lear 25 vs the flysimware.

Systems depth is probably equal. The 35 has a little more complicated AP which is done nicely by flysimware.

Exterior modeling goes to XP but flysimware is very close.

Texturing would be a moderate edge to XP in my opinion.

Sounds are far better with the flysimware. TSS made the sounds specifically for the Lear 35.

Flysimware also has come cool things like payload manager and fuel load manager.

Both offer a very nice version of the aircraft they represent.

• Upvote 1

Mitchell Haughee