Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

XtremePrototypes Classic GLJ 25 SE Review

Id say this is the best analogue bizjet to date though

However the Fps impact is quite an issue on my aging 2500K @ 4GHz

Did you try installing the FSX version in P3D ? Several switches are not functional, but nothing critical because they are not simulated either.

Using FSX version with OPTIMIZE_PARTS, it runs very smooth in my computer (Xeon 4 Ghz, 980ti).

Not sure - I don't really fly FSX anymore

But I do have the lionheart LJ24. I know it's a rocketship but I still doubt the 10,000 fpm climb rate at 300 KIAS I get with it. I don't like the AP on that thing - never seems reliable when I turn it on. The external modeling on the XPJ and the LH are really similar quality, but the interior on the XPJ is far better. However the fps hit on the XPJ is worse than the LH. Sounds are better on the XPJ and so are systems IMO.

I'm sold.

You should try installing the FSX version into P3D as suggested. I hope you get it working.

The LH version has a few bugs. The ones that are apparent in every flight are the issues with the annunciator panel and the plane has the tendency to drift of center while landing. It makes every landing a challenge. Maybe this is the way the real plane behaves. I have not had any issues with the AP.

I'm looking forward to upgrading to the XPC version. I will use my RXP 530 & REX weather gauges.

TKS again!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I don't like the AP on that thing - never seems reliable when I turn it on.

Hey Ryan-

The AP never worked for me. Bill was extremely helpful at Lionheart.

The upshot was using FSUIPC to control the joystick. Has worked perfect ever since.

If anyone wants Lear 25 manuals PM me....  I found charts for power settings and FF - but they are for Mach .77 - more of an endurance/economy speed.  MMO is .82 and that's where I like to fly (I'm not paying for gas or virtual overhauls hehe).  However you can still interpolate power settings from them.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

why why why didn't they offer GTN/REX WX Advantage VC integration?

No problem with the GTN 750/650 as mentioned before:

GLJ_GTN.jpg

It is also possible to use the Milviz/REX Advantage Weather radar with the default "dummy" radar screen:

GLJ_WX1.jpg

Unfortunatly the knobs of the dummy Wx-radar are hardcoded, so you need to use another window for the MV/REX-Wx control unit:

GLJ_WX2.jpg

If you want just send me an email/PN for the GTN/Wx-panel.cfg.

• Upvote 1

Allways three greens,
Markus

VFR-Flightsimmer.de

I'm no Ray Marshall, but here's some quick text and 20 screen shots from P3D v3.3 of the really incredible XP Lear 25D!  I wasn't sure after looking at their site (shots don't do it justice!) but I purchased, and read the entire manual, and set out for a cold and dark startup, followed by a departure from Duluth to a VFR climb, and then finally went high for FL450 with some 40+ kt tailwinds for 500+ kts over the ground.

If you don't like reading, but you're ok with analogue bizjets (the GTN750 will fit in the panel I'll put the mod here I made), this is the bizjet to own guys!

I wish I took notes, but I love the sounds, the VC clickability/systems/ operation.  I enjoyed the flight model, the handling, the graphics inside and out.  It's not quite C quality but it's darn good!  Analogue gauges look pretty lifeless to me (I've been in a lot of planes with them) and the modeler nailed the look and tight squeeze of the early Lear cockpits!

I had hoped for 3D VC GTN integration, and while the 2d mod requires a little trial and error, I was able to get a nicely sized GTN750 into the allowed space.  A 650 might fit perfectly below (I don't have one yet!)

I really like this jet and have been flying it a lot lately.

Does anyone know if they have updated the WX Weather Advantage to work with P3Dv3.4?

It says on the REX website that it works with the latest version of P3D, then it shows it is 3.3.

Hand flying this jet seems just a little squirrelly or touchy.  It's may be that the real one is like that, I don't know. I'm finding it a little hard to hand fly it on an approach. It will take some practice.

The dll for the weather module is being updated to 3.4 - it's not quite ready yet.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The dll for the weather module is being updated to 3.4 - it's not quite ready yet.

That's great news Ryan.  Thank you.  I suppose it will probably be announced here when it is ready.

That's a great review of this aircraft, you did.  Thank you.

Bob

That's great news Ryan.  Thank you.  I suppose it will probably be announced here when it is ready.

That's a great review of this aircraft, you did.  Thank you.

Bob

WX Weather Advantage update is out.

Great! Thanks

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

I agree. I'm terrible at repaints, otherwise I would try it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |