Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Horrible performance in 3.3

Im not sure what happened but since I've clean installed P3Dv3.3 from 3.2 the performance and stutters have been horrible. Constant frame drops regardless of the plane used one sec at (Example 40fps the next at 18fps then back to 40). I've tried a new .cfg, setting frame limits it still has the drops just to lower FPS, and my system is no slouch

i7-4790k@4.5ghz

GTX1080 Amp Extream

32gb DDR3 at 1866MHZ

P3Dv3 on its own SSD

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Im not sure what happened but since I've clean installed P3Dv3.3 from 3.2 the performance and stutters have been horrible. Constant frame drops regardless of the plane used one sec at (Example 40fps the next at 18fps then back to 40). I've tried a new .cfg, setting frame limits it still has the drops just to lower FPS, and my system is no slouch

I'm assuming you have put your add-ons back on (?), so was it happening with just default P3D?

Also how clean was the install? Did you delete those App Data and Program Data folders?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I'm assuming you have put your add-ons back on (?), so was it happening with just default P3D?

Also how clean was the install? Did you delete those App Data and Program Data folders?

gb.

It was a complete reinstall,due to a clean install of windows. The only thing installed is p3dv3 compatible Orbx stuff and some add on planes. I also have that haze mod installed.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Hmm, I am not sure if a complete deinstallation also gets rid of this nasty shader folder? Did you check this? Might help to delete its contents once.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I've also reinstalled P3D countless amounts of times and did a full clean reinstall of windows 10 recently because of this. And I'm still not 100% happy with the way the latest version of P3D runs. I have to agree the performance seems worse.

One thing I find frustrating is that in P3D 2.5 I was running unlimited frames for a nice smooth experience however since version 3+ I'm unable to run unlimited frames because it then pegs my GPU at 100% and stutters/pauses like mad. So I have to live with a locked 30fps which runs ok however you get that annoying stuttering effect when your turning on the ground or banking in the air.

P3D was my goto sim, however since dabbling in x-plane I think thats where its at. Its frustrating. I thought maybe the 970 was getting a bit long in the tooth but then saying that the OP is running a 1080.

Something definately is not playing nice on my system. 

I've also reinstalled P3D countless amounts of times and did a full clean reinstall of windows 10 recently because of this. And I'm still not 100% happy with the way the latest version of P3D runs. I have to agree the performance seems worse.

One thing I find frustrating is that in P3D 2.5 I was running unlimited frames for a nice smooth experience however since version 3+ I'm unable to run unlimited frames because it then pegs my GPU at 100% and stutters/pauses like mad. So I have to live with a locked 30fps which runs ok however you get that annoying stuttering effect when your turning on the ground or banking in the air.

P3D was my goto sim, however since dabbling in x-plane I think thats where its at. Its frustrating. I thought maybe the 970 was getting a bit long in the tooth but then saying that the OP is running a 1080.

After a few days pf fighting different problems with 3.5, I finally gave up and rolled back to 3.2 and all problems instantly were cured. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Had the same thing. Unstable FPS, even in rural areas and clearly worse performance overall. 

Went back to 3.2 and haven't bothered to update again. Could be a driver issue, but I don't care enough to chase it down.

Hmm, I am not sure if a complete deinstallation also gets rid of this nasty shader folder? Did you check this? Might help to delete its contents once.

It doesn't I think. You have to go manually delete those folders to do a real complete reinstall. 

Xplane has replaced FSX and P3Dv3 as my airliner simulator. I get 50-60FPS with the IEGX 737 at a payware airports and its smooth as silk with no OOM's with P3DV3 and the $135 777 I get 25-30......

• Upvote 1

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I'm still flying with P3D v3.2 and see no valid reason to upgrade to v3.3.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I'm still flying with P3D v3.2 and see no valid reason to upgrade to v3.3.

Cheers, Ed

I wish I still had 3.2 but I was forced to do a clean install and it whiped out my backup p3dv3.2 installer and LM for some reason doesn't host older files...

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I wish I still had 3.2 but I was forced to do a clean install and it whiped out my backup p3dv3.2 installer and LM for some reason doesn't host older files...

First thing I do before installing any new upgrade, is make sure I have a backup of the original install file. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I watch a few streamers and they too have gone back to 3.2. I don't have p3d yet, but they were getting bad performance and oom in 3.3, downgraded to 3.2 and said they are having smooth flights again! I am worried as I am looking to upgrade soon to p3d when the fsl Airbus comes out... but now, I don't know!

Hopefully the bugs will be worked out by the time I get back from OCS in November

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

After a few days pf fighting different problems with 3.5, I finally gave up and rolled back to 3.2 and all problems instantly were cured. 

I'm thinking about doing the same thing.  I have OOMd three times  with 3.35 which never happened with 3.2 (similar settings), and I'm experiencing frequent texture blurring and black airport textures over every airport i pass